• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA on Emirates and Etihad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General lee and Andy are prime examples why pilots make the worst stock traders...even when they were wrong, instead of cutting their losses and moving on, they still think of excuses why they are right, until the blow up their account

General lee and Andy are prime examples why pilots make the worst stock traders...even when they were wrong, instead of cutting their losses and moving on, they still think of excuses why they are right, until the blow up their account

But we didn't have to move to the Sandpit. We will retire from American legacies, which will retire tons and pay more than in the past. Game, set, match.

Bye Bye---General Lee

But we didn't have to move to the Sandpit. We will retire from American legacies, which will retire tons and pay more than in the past. Game, set, match.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I didn't HAVE to move here, I chose to. We will see how it works out on our respective retirement dates after a clear career path is known. Until then, everything is an unknown so there is no point in arguing or debating which career path is better. This game is not over until you actually retire. To assume otherwise is extremely arrogant.

I didn't HAVE to move here, I chose to. We will see how it works out on our respective retirement dates after a clear career path is known. Until then, everything is an unknown so there is no point in arguing or debating which career path is better. This game is not over until you actually retire. To assume otherwise is extremely arrogant.

I know your story Varmint, and you wanted out of your Regional at a time when Legacies weren't hiring, and infact they were all going BK. The last decade did suck for most pilots here in the States. But, after the dust clears, consolidation has brought the Legacies to a more profitable stage, and a healthier one. Stability is built within FEWER numbers of carriers, and consolidation has done that. So, NOW is the time to jump back in, or stay where you are and see what happens. 8sugarsuger may really love it out there, but that's just it, you are still "out there." The Sandpit is not a place I want to be at more than a few days at most, and plenty agree. All you have to do is read PPRUNE to figure that out. That society is not fair to anyone except locals. You are guests in THEIR region, and it doesn't take much for them to kick you out if they don't like you. The States are much more comforting, and I don't take that for granted. And to top it off, ATL traffic isn't nearly as bad as DXB traffic, and for that I am thankful.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I started out just passing on information from the inside, and I really don't agree with what Emirates is doing. They have an incredible unfair advantage against the legacies.

I just like rubbing it into Delta Guy who takes is personally. :p

Its funny to watch him get all huffy puffy.

Once again GL has turned it into a DAL is better than you thread which is why I'm checking out now.

But..

Both are good jobs with different things to offer. You live there which is good we live here. You pay more taxes and sit in the RHS, we pay less and sit in the LHS.

We will still buy each other beers in "Jetlag Bar" in NRT and shoot the Shiite. At the end of the day we are out of the regionals which is what this journey started out as.

No one can make the "game set and match" call until its all done...

...at which point we will see each other in a bar in the sun and tell tall tales...

Safe flying boys,

fv

Latest resources

Back