• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Membership

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True, but sadly SWAPA doesn't understand that just like with Airtran, we will get a contract when Gary decides it's time.

I'd prefer to wait compared to ALPA bloviating about how they are going to stay strong with an awesome contract (reference the DALPA President video) and then dropping a TA turd.

PCL,
The only reason you got a big pay raise was because SWA bough AT

You might be able to convince your fellow SWAholes of that ignorant rhetoric, but it won't work on someone who was there negotiating the deal, you dolt.

I'd prefer to wait compared to ALPA bloviating about how they are going to stay strong with an awesome contract (reference the DALPA President video) and then dropping a TA turd.

Me too.

Unfortunately this has been SWApA's game plan since, forever.....

Get ready to vote YES! for codeshare, errr, "interline" and "market rates"!

You might be able to convince your fellow SWAholes of that ignorant rhetoric, but it won't work on someone who was there negotiating the deal, you dolt.

You don't find it the least bit coincidental that we got a contract shortly after SWA bought us after years of foot dragging?

PCL - great negotiating skills round 1 "Say No" round 2 please everyone "Say Yes"
I didn't know you were an ALPA lackey

You don't find it the least bit coincidental that we got a contract shortly after SWA bought us after years of foot dragging?

It wasn't years of foot dragging. It was 18 months of significant progress, and we were almost done by the time SWA came around. Before the merger came around, we were already expecting to either be finished or be released within a few months. If you don't want to believe me, ask any of the NC members.

It wasn't years of foot dragging. It was 18 months of significant progress, and we were almost done by the time SWA came around. Before the merger came around, we were already expecting to either be finished or be released within a few months. If you don't want to believe me, ask any of the NC members.

It was little to no progress, the sections TAed had to do with hot button issues like pilots being taken hostage by terrorists, how long we can grow our fingernails and what color socks we could wear. We got a contract because SW management ordered it so. Kolski or whoever replaced him would still be running circles around the NC and the ALPA mouth breather lawyers if we hadn't been bought. I understand you have your version of the truth, that's cool, but you still haven't answered why we magically got a contract shortly after we were purchased.

Last edited:
I have answered it. You simply refuse to accept facts, and instead want to listen to bullsh!t from people who weren't there. The contract was almost finished in a marathon bargaining session in Florida several months before the merger was even announced. Very few items were left after that. The idea that we had only TA'd minor items is pure ignorance. You just don't know what you're talking about.

I have answered it. You simply refuse to accept facts, and instead want to listen to bullsh!t from people who weren't there. The contract was almost finished in a marathon bargaining session in Florida several months before the merger was even announced. Very few items were left after that. The idea that we had only TA'd minor items is pure ignorance. You just don't know what you're talking about.

You understand that the two sides were talking for almost a year before the purchase was announced? You think other than coins and two sided ducks that little issues like labor contracts were discussed and ironed out before the deal was done?

No one inks TA'd sections just because they're "in talks" about a merger. They ink the sections because they can live with them either way.

Besides, what you suggest is blatantly illegal and could send Gary and VdV to jail for many years. Is that what you're alleging about your beloved leaders?

Latest resources

Back