Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA loses latest appeal in TWA lawsuit...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Food for thought.....how was Ozark treated when TWA bought them? Hint, pretty similar to the way AA treated TWA. I know I know, two wrongs don't make a right, but it is food for thought when you consider that now AA is on the block and they mistreated TWA who mistreated Ozark..........

Food for thought.....how was Ozark treated when TWA bought them? Hint, pretty similar to the way AA treated TWA. I know I know, two wrongs don't make a right, but it is food for thought when you consider that now AA is on the block and they mistreated TWA who mistreated Ozark..........
Point of fact: any TWAers who had anything to do with the Ozark merger were long gone by 2001.

And for the record I support binding arbitration to settle any seniority integration. No pilot group should ever be able to take advantage of another.

This case is very far from over. First of all, the damages phase does not guarantee anyone any damages. The jury in the damages trial can easily come back and say "yes, ALPA violated its DFR obligation as the first jury said, but they are not liable for any damages." Alternatively, damages could be awarded, but be minuscule. For example, ALPA lost a DFR case a long time ago that went to the damages phase, and the damages jury awarded the plaintiffs $1. Any claims you're hearing of outrageous damages should be ignored. It's highly unlikely.

Furthermore, even if a damages award is made by the jury, ALPA can then appeal, and there are many reasons to believe that an appeals court would overturn this verdict. I would expect this to drag out for several more years, unless a settlement is reached.

Ok. Thanks for the info!

Point of fact: any TWAers who had anything to do with the Ozark merger were long gone by 2001.

If you are talking about people involved in how that merger went down, then probably yes, however there were and still are quite a few Ozark people still flying at AA.

And for the record I support binding arbitration to settle any seniority integration. No pilot group should ever be able to take advantage of another.

Agreed, There are too many emotions and different perspectives to ever be able to combine two seniority lists in a reasonable manner. It really should be decided by an impartial arbitration process, providing everyone agrees to accept it and not renege on giving their word like one group we all know did......

386 aa pilots were not stapled , they where hired after the merger was underway. They are the junior pilots Doh!

Exactly. And the TWA pilots waived all rights of seniority. So, in theory the TWA could have been stapled below the new hires but were not. Remember, the TWA pilots did agree to waiving all rights of seniority and yet the entire group was not stapled.

Was it ugly for the TWA pilots? Yep. I will concede that, however it was not a staple.

They got DOH period.

1 On strike with EAL. The president Duffy (DAL) gets very few if any striking Eastern pilots on with DAL...
2 UAL goes through there bad time with Duane (NWA) who tells us there is no money in the war chest for us....majically there is money when NWA needs it. At the same time my "ALPA brothers" at NWA and DAL are actually writing letters to Washington to convince them NOT to allow UAL any ATSB money. One of the two carriers that was actually attacked during 9/11
3 Later ALPA "forgives" all of my "new Coworkers" who crossed picket lines in 83 and the crews that walked right by us in 89 when we were on strike at EAL.

ALPA can not get flushed fast enough in my opinion.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back