Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA loses latest appeal in TWA lawsuit...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not so much about the deal they got as it is the fact that ALPA didn't represent them. ALPA is being sued because there were some back door deals that caused ALPA to roll over in hopes that APA would join ALPA. It's a Duty of Fair Representation lawsuit, not a 'we don't like the seniority integration' lawsuit.

Whether there will be any damages ... time will tell. Anyone who thinks they will be able to retire off their award (if there is one) will be disappointed. Maybe a $5 foot-long.

I fully agree with you! I just am not sure how much you will get out of it. If there are punitive damages for ALPA failing you I can see that. But, earlier it was claimed that had ALPA bargained in good faith your group would have been "fairly" integrated into the APA and the damages would reflect pay lost to the TWA group. That is where I am not sure the TWA pilots will prevail. American wanted to and did get rid of many of TWAs aircraft and reduced St Louis. I don't see APA allowing a merger that furloughs their members....thus the end result may have not been much better. BUT, I am no lawyer so maybe I'm just talking out my a$$! Its happened before!

Go Alpo go. Hard to imagine a douchier outfit, but the LCC east pilots defied the odds.

What by standing up and delaying the Nic ! And having a great industry leading contract and pay and .. ..

I could go on an on .. Everybody I know looks at them and has less respect than most non - union outfits ! Hell they make less than some!!!

Way to go east side !!!

Stupid hurts. They didn't defy any odds, I was being facetious. The only thing their numerical advantage bought them was the ability to step on their own cranks and spread the misery around.

Alpo even tried to help them, but they thought they could just grab it all in one fell swoop of awesomeness. Whoops.

If they had been a little more patient, I'm sure Alpo would have helped them hose the west better than they've been able to themselves. Prater was trying, they just thought they could do better on their own. Whoops.

Last edited:
ALPO is a mess and this news really really makes me smile. The thought of ALPO getting sued and the Delta and United pilots taking it down the drain is to much! Those guys tried to screw US Air in 2005 and we successfully exited bankruptcy on our own. The tried to manipulate the field and we won. now it looks like the TWA pilots won too. Goodbye ALPO!!!

Outstanding! You have "won" the following:

• 4.5 years of DELAY.
  • No new contract (promised w/i 90 days).
  • Cleary/McKee vs. Hummel infighting.
  • No legal wins (with the exception of the 9th's appeal where the told the parties that it wasn't ripe...YET).
  • MILLIONS of dollars wasted on fruitless litigation.
  • HUNDREDS of MILLIONS lost in wages, time off & benefits.
  • Hundreds of grievances that until recently were languishing (some of the grievant's had since passed away).

PS...You didn't exit bankruptcy "on your own". It's a new company (LCC) based in Tempe, AZ. You might have not heard yet.

1 On strike with EAL. The president Duffy (DAL) gets very few if any striking Eastern pilots on with DAL...
2 UAL goes through there bad time with Duane (NWA) who tells us there is no money in the war chest for us....majically there is money when NWA needs it. At the same time my "ALPA brothers" at NWA and DAL are actually writing letters to Washington to convince them NOT to allow UAL any ATSB money. One of the two carriers that was actually attacked during 9/11
3 Later ALPA "forgives" all of my "new Coworkers" who crossed picket lines in 83 and the crews that walked right by us in 89 when we were on strike at EAL.

ALPA can not get flushed fast enough in my opinion.

Amen brother!!

Outstanding! It's a new company (LCC) based in Tempe, AZ. You might have not heard yet.

Oh stop it. The only thing in Tempe is a nice looking building in a college part of town on a street lined with college bars. The real business of the company happens on the east coast and you know it.

And no I don't fly for the company...

Latest resources

Back