Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA loses latest appeal in TWA lawsuit...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPO is a mess and this news really really makes me smile. The thought of ALPO getting sued and the Delta and United pilots taking it down the drain is to much! Those guys tried to screw US Air in 2005 and we successfully exited bankruptcy on our own. The tried to manipulate the field and we won. now it looks like the TWA pilots won too. Goodbye ALPO!!!

Wow Dan, you can't even talk about ALPA and its carriers without working in a Southwest slam. Say, are you still pretending that you're impartial and don't have anything against Southwest? Or did you give that up since no one believes you anymore?

Bubba

I believe he was referring to the America West/USAirways situation.

I don't think the damages will be much if anything. Even if ALPA did their best, I don't know if the result would have been much better. To say a bankrupt, going out of business airline with a crappy hub (STL) and old crappy planes was going to merge in any way that would be good for the pilots seems farfetched. I'm not exonerating ALPA, but proving you would have received a better deal might be difficult....in regards to monetary losses.

TWA had the youngest fleet in the industry at the time... Average airplane age was 6 years old. St. Louis may not have been a great city, but there is a ton of industry there. TWA had the second highest business traveler percentage, just below US Air. in those days, 80% of the revenue came from 9% of the passengers. TWA was hindered by Ichan and Carabou Travel (later to become www.lowestfare.com).

Fact is that nobody should have ever been treated as badly as TWA'ers were treated.

BTW, any airline employee that buys Cannon cameras or drinks Carabou Coffee should rething thier decisions. How much more money do you want to put in Ichans pocket?

X

Danny boy, you're not a student of history are you?
Ozark received DOH with fences and you can Google it very easily.
I’ve heard the unfounded complaints and the facts shot them down in short order.

I have to confess my perception was on what others had said, so thanks for the correction.

There's a better chance of me sleeping with Kate Upton tonight than there is of any AirTran pilot winning a lawsuit against ALPA.

ALPO is a mess and this news really really makes me smile. The thought of ALPO getting sued and the Delta and United pilots taking it down the drain is to much! Those guys tried to screw US Air in 2005 and we successfully exited bankruptcy on our own. The tried to manipulate the field and we won. now it looks like the TWA pilots won too. Goodbye ALPO!!!

You remind me of Charlie Sheen when you said you won. (Note: $124 top scale airbus 32X captain is not "winning" by any standard.) Eventually reality set in for Sheen and he realized he was not "winning." Hopefully you realize this in the near future.

I don't think the damages will be much if anything. Even if ALPA did their best, I don't know if the result would have been much better. To say a bankrupt, going out of business airline with a crappy hub (STL) and old crappy planes was going to merge in any way that would be good for the pilots seems farfetched. I'm not exonerating ALPA, but proving you would have received a better deal might be difficult....in regards to monetary losses.

It's not so much about the deal they got as it is the fact that ALPA didn't represent them. ALPA is being sued because there were some back door deals that caused ALPA to roll over in hopes that APA would join ALPA. It's a Duty of Fair Representation lawsuit, not a 'we don't like the seniority integration' lawsuit.

Whether there will be any damages ... time will tell. Anyone who thinks they will be able to retire off their award (if there is one) will be disappointed. Maybe a $5 foot-long.

Latest resources

Back