Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA loses latest appeal in TWA lawsuit...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...and the OZ Captains were seat protected for 3 years.

True... and I would expect the same to happen to Jetblue pilots if they got DOH as well (which I don't think they will, as they would all be on the bottom.)

Again, not judging what was fair and what wasn't - just making sure the facts are there.

Consider the source and their motivation with care.

If 1000 people witnessed Lee Moak carrying bags of cash into his house and burning his ALPA computers - PCL128 would describe it as a "clear victory for ALPA and big win for its members".

You must have me confused with someone who likes Lee Moak.

Agreed, There are too many emotions and different perspectives to ever be able to combine two seniority lists in a reasonable manner. It really should be decided by an impartial arbitration process, providing everyone agrees to accept it and not renege on giving their word like one group we all know did......

Wow Dan, you can't even talk about ALPA and its carriers without working in a Southwest slam. Say, are you still pretending that you're impartial and don't have anything against Southwest? Or did you give that up since no one believes you anymore?

Bubba

Consider the source and their motivation with care.

If 1000 people witnessed Lee Moak carrying bags of cash into his house and burning his ALPA computers - PCL128 would describe it as a "clear victory for ALPA and big win for its members".

Ha Ha Ha!

...and the OZ Captains were seat protected for 3 years.

Also, they were not fenced off the biggest equipment that their seniority numbers could hold when they lost their CA bids. Many were flying 747 and L1011 international as FOs. To this day, no former TWA pilot can bid the 777 as an FO, no matter what their assigned seniority number could hold.

X

Last edited:
Also, they were not fenced off the biggest equipment that their seniority numbers could hold when they lost their CA bids. To this day, no former TWA pilot can bid the 777 as an FO, no matter what their assigned seniority number could hold.

X

Also true.

Again, I was just pointing out the common denominator of integration percentages (where the pilots ended up on the list) between both deals - common due to the same arbitrator being used. Interesting to say the least.

Good luck to my TWA brethren in getting the payout you deserve.

Also true.

Again, I was just pointing out the common denominator of integration percentages (where the pilots ended up on the list) between both deals - common due to the same arbitrator being used. Interesting to say the least.

Good luck to my TWA brethren in getting the payout you deserve.

JP,

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I ever come back and we cross paths, the first 3 are on me! Cheers to the LBFO being turned down. F them! Thank You!

X

Exactly. And the TWA pilots waived all rights of seniority. So, in theory the TWA could have been stapled below the new hires but were not. Remember, the TWA pilots did agree to waiving all rights of seniority and yet the entire group was not stapled.

Was it ugly for the TWA pilots? Yep. I will concede that, however it was not a staple.

As a 1997 TWA hire, I ask you to remember all these slick and intentionally vague "facts" you are posting. You may have as little choice as we did in whether or not you "choose" to waive your seniority rights.

I can tell you first hand, getting purchased out of bankruptcy can be a b*tch. Enjoy the ride.

common due to the same arbitrator being used

Was there an arbitrator in 2001?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back