• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA in dispute with employees.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They should form a union, IBT would lave to help them out.

They are unionized labor. ALPA touts the fact that they go on a legal strike. It is PR for National. I swear it is always part of the plan.

Do they fall under the RLA?? My guess is no. You think that might have something to do with it?? You ALPA haters would be pissing and moaning no matter which union was in. You ********************ing victims sit on the sideline expecting someone else to do the heavy lifting, then lob ******************** grenades when things don't work out. Whether it be economic, political or just ********************ty business plans. Historically which union has always had the best contracts?? APA, nope. Swapa, no way. IPA, not until this last contract. Jblu, give me a ********************ing break. We, at NWA got the ball rolling again in 98 and UAL and DAL improved on that. And you can add the CMR guys for trying to improve the lot of the regionals also. Problem is, there are others without the stones to do the same. Well guess what dumbass, we (nwa,ual,dal and cmr) became the target due to the pansies at other alpa and non-alpa pilot groups that would not hang it out.

It's pretty sad that the workers at ALPA have more of a sack than the chest-thumping harrumphers that run the POS organization.

:puke:

Oh, and Fvck Prater............

ALPA and Prater are (ir)responsible for sitting on an Arbitrated senioirty award and trying to Placate the Eastwipes, which in turn led to the formation of USAPA and ALPA being overthrown on our property............

Damn right I hate ALPA (but not as much as I hate USAPA)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do they fall under the RLA?? My guess is no. You think that might have something to do with it?? You ALPA haters would be pissing and moaning no matter which union was in. You ********************ing victims sit on the sideline expecting someone else to do the heavy lifting, then lob ******************** grenades when things don't work out. Whether it be economic, political or just ********************ty business plans. Historically which union has always had the best contracts?? APA, nope. Swapa, no way. IPA, not until this last contract. Jblu, give me a ********************ing break. We, at NWA got the ball rolling again in 98 and UAL and DAL improved on that. And you can add the CMR guys for trying to improve the lot of the regionals also. Problem is, there are others without the stones to do the same. Well guess what dumbass, we (nwa,ual,dal and cmr) became the target due to the pansies at other alpa and non-alpa pilot groups that would not hang it out.

Union Brotherhood

Looking out for the brotherhood part II. While UAW members face pay cuts, job loss, benefit cuts and a reduction in their overall ranks of more than 8%, the UAW Presdent gets a rasie. Broad of Directors thought he was doing a good job, after all he endorsed BO, and deserved a raise. Sounds like management to me, those at the top get, those at the bottom pay dues.

Last edited:
How is that ALPA and Prater's fault?? Y'all went to binding arbitration which both parties agreed to, and one party did not man-up to what they agreed to. They stood thier ground(doh), even when warned it was not gonna happen setting unrealistic expectations for thier pilot group. The east guys have had one disappointment after another and have clinged to doh as far back as the UAL talks to salvage thier careers. Now, via usapa they think they can do it on AWA backs. It will be interesting what action they take if the judge rules the nic. award binding. Unfortunatly for the west, your airline chose to merge with the most senior pilot group and weakest airline of the majors(in both route structure and financial performance) Ual or Cal would have been a much better merger partner for y'all.

ALPA and Prater are (ir)responsible for sitting on an Arbitrated senioirty award and trying to Placate the Eastwipes, which in turn led to the formation of USAPA and ALPA being overthrown on our property............

Damn right I hate ALPA (but not as much as I hate USAPA)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I heard one of the contract administrators say that they were "taking it back". I believe that is doublespeak for they intend to give some concessions.

Prater held on to the Nicolau Award for quite some time, and had a Blue Ribbon Panel and another little shen-dig at Wye River trying to get us Cactus boys to "talk" about some changes instead of presenting the award to the company right away.

We followed ALPA merger policy with negotiations, mediation, and binding arbitration - and then Prater the Crater tried to get us to negotiate the award to placate the Eastwipes to keep ALPA on property.

I'd vote for an independent union (other than USAPA)long before I'd ever vote for ALPA back on property.

And yes, I would've loved to see us merge with someone else and watch the SS Titanic (USAirways) go under once and for all.

How is that ALPA and Prater's fault?? Y'all went to binding arbitration which both parties agreed to, and one party did not man-up to what they agreed to. They stood thier ground(doh), even when warned it was not gonna happen setting unrealistic expectations for thier pilot group. The east guys have had one disappointment after another and have clinged to doh as far back as the UAL talks to salvage thier careers. Now, via usapa they think they can do it on AWA backs. It will be interesting what action they take if the judge rules the nic. award binding. Unfortunatly for the west, your airline chose to merge with the most senior pilot group and weakest airline of the majors(in both route structure and financial performance) Ual or Cal would have been a much better merger partner for y'all.

Latest resources

Back