ALPA files for election at ATI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely false.

Being that I got the information from those that work at ALPA Herndon that I had developed a relationship over the past nine years when I was ALPA. I guess it could be subject to bias, but I doubt it.

I imagine it would be with less biased than what an MEC member of a non-legacy ALPA carrier would get while talking to Prater himself. I imagine he would tell you what he wanted you to hear vs reality. He does that often.

Being that I got the information from those that work at ALPA Herndon that I had developed a relationship over the past nine years when I was ALPA.

I can't find anyone left in Herndon that has an ounce of respect for you, so I doubt that.

Now I know your only talking to Prater or his flunkies. Do you honestly think they will tell you the truth about his plans when they collide with your non legacy position? Are you that fixated at becoming one of the chosen that you are willing to forget the welfare of your own group?

What am I saying, of course you are. Just like putting a carrot in front of a mule. That's what John P. likes about you.

You seriously need to step outside your little buddy circle and do some checking on what is really going on.

As far as respect, you would be surprised at the number ALPA carriers who have requested help on initiating a decertification after Atlas left ALPA. Enough to convince me we were not wrong and that there is something wrong at ALPA. Kind of like Animal Farm. We are all equal, just some of us are more equal than others seems to be the ALPA National motto.

Now I know your only talking to Prater or his flunkies.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

We now have contract negotiations/merger progressively moving forward when it was purposely stopped before in the interest of a minority carrier group that happened to vote for the recent ALPA President.

No more whipsawing between the two merging carriers concerned that was allowed by ALPA National previously.

We have better control of our finances. Dues money comes to our local and then a fee forwarded to Teamsters National unlike how everything goes to ALPA National and is farmed back out to the councils depending on your political clout within you carrier group. I could go way deeper on this one.

Progression of completed grievances getting resolved that were meeting a financial roadblock of non support at ALPA National. Cleared numerous grievances that were stagnant and unfinanced representationally at ALPA.

More control. At ALPA, the non legacies can only get about a 49% voting block on National matters. Legacies will always maintain a majority and the rest just takes it as it comes. All part of why there are groups (A,B,C and subgroups) airline groups if you didn't notice before. You'll note that it totals up to the non-legacies not getting equal voting leverage.

The Teamsters National agenda of not subcontracting out American jobs out to foreign countries. At Atlas AACS/AABO crew leasing (STN England) was dismantled removed under that pressure and resulted in more US pilot/FE jobs being retained in the US. Also got rid of 17 Atlas seniority jumping captains that made great gains at that AACS/AABO crew leasing union busting operation along with the @50-60 offshore union busting pilots. ALPA didn't care about AACS/AABO and were more concerned about not spending their money on fighting the union busting construct than keep US jobs.

Immediate representation on Capital Hill with congress on a number of things. Also reflected with the removal of AACS/AABO. At ALPA, we cargo carriers only got that if it was in line with what the legacies wanted at the time.

There is some more, but this is what I can remember off the top of my head just after decertifying ALPA to now at Atlas.

Last edited:
game set match

for cfire

Let me see if I have this correct.

David Bourne told Gene Sewell, and the ATI crewmembers, they would not be able to purposely undercut (accept a sub-standard contract) any other Teamster pilot group (ABX Air) and that's why you voted in ALPA?

Unbefreakinglievable!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back