• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa Endorses Kerry?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your focusing on the war and not the big picture. The war and our military is just under 4% of our GDP.
That beauty is from Mooser.

Here's the reality.

From www.whitehouse.gov :Total government spending in FY 2004 will be $2.2 trillion. The budget provides $380 billion for our nation's military.

That DOESN'T INCLUDE the 87 BILLION that we all heard about to fund the war. So that's 467 billion out of a 2.2 trillion dollar budget. 4%? WTF? More like 20 %. Check your facts.

I would like to vote for a true conservative, but since there isn't one running, I'll probably vote for Bush.

I don't like Kerry's waffling or his refusal to say how much of MY money he thinks the federal government is entitled to take out of MY earnings. His service during Vietnam is hypocritical, at best. His affinity for the U.N. is frightening. I never have, and never will, vote for for a candidate simply because of organized labors' endorsement.

I don't hold Bush's National Guard service against him...I retired after 20 years in the National Guard. At least, he didn't go to Canada or England.

I see several references to big oil in this thread. If this war was solely for oil, why didn't we invade Venezuala when there was a general strike and their oil production was shut down for 10 days? Why didn't the U.S. invade Nigeria when there was a strike against their oil industry?

Unfortunately, there's no option to vote for "NONE OF THE ABOVE!"

Fly safe!

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
Baby killing, drugs, homosexuals,....all evil. If you are a Kerry supporter, I am sure you would disagree.

Pulling a living child from his or her mothers womb (spelling?), and then BASHING the childs head in is something you support? That is what Kerry supports. Just one example of evil. Just one reason why we do not need him in office.

And I did not mention his approach to fighting the EVIL of terrorism. He feels we always need the "permission" of the U.N. to act against the EVIL bastards who were respnsible for 911. Those are his words, not mine.

His record shows he is now and always has been anti military.
Evil of terrorism? Ask the innocent Iraqi people that didn't even know who Bush was.......who is EVIL? They will tell a different story. And don't give me the " this is war" c$#p. That was no war! BTW im not a democrat, just that i have feelings.

jayme said:
That beauty is from Mooser.

Here's the reality.

From www.whitehouse.gov :Total government spending in FY 2004 will be $2.2 trillion. The budget provides $380 billion for our nation's military.

That DOESN'T INCLUDE the 87 BILLION that we all heard about to fund the war. So that's 467 billion out of a 2.2 trillion dollar budget. 4%? WTF? More like 20 %. Check your facts.
Dude;

87billioin Vs. 2.2 trillion

It's chump change

Mooser

Hi Slim!

Actually, Iraq is all about OIL.

We have been covertly trying to get rid of Chavez in Venezuala, because we're afraid he might cut or reduce our supply of oil. In Nigeria, we have been supporting a dictatorship (just like in Saudi) because they're the ones in control, and they have oil.

Right now, the glaring weakness that we, the US have, is we are dependent on other countries for the oil we need to do everything. The sooner we wean ourselves off of oil, the better off everyone will be. And, if we don't wean ourselves off oil, it will be done for us when the oil prices start to rise, and continue to rise until it is completely uneconomical to use oil for transportation.

I, for one, like flying and don't want to lose my job, so I hope we are smart and drastically cut down how much oil we use, and soon.

Cliff
LRD

Hi JetProp!

The last item on the list you posted really caught my attention.

Separation of church and state is very, very important. If U don't separate them, U get countries like Iran and Afghanistan, where the people in power tell everyone how to behave and worship based on one religion.

Lest we forget, our country, America, was founded by many people who were fleeing religious persecution in England, among other countries.

I definitely do not want my kids praying in school. Why not? Because I don't want them learning Satanic prayers, for one. I also don't think that, with the current climate, I want them learning Muslim prayers, either.

Think about it. What if our country came to be controlled by Satanic elements. Do you want your kids to be taught a Satanic religion in school?

Of course not, because you don't personally think that option is very good for your children. There are lots of religions, and most people don't agree with all of them.

So, if you think combind church/state together is OK, visualize a religion with views that you don't agree with whatsover, and imagine if your kids were taught that religion in school. I don't think anyone would go for that.

Cliff
LRD

ACATerry:

I HAD to comment on your rant. It is upsetting to me, when people don't understand things from a historical perspective, and especially if they make up wild accustations or statistics that have no basis in fact, whatsoever.

SEX:
Guess what? Sex is necessary, and good for humans. There is nothing wrong with sex whatsover.

Historical perspective:
Let's look at teenage pregnancy rates:
Higher in the 2000s or 1920s? Higher in the 1920s.
Higher in the 1990s, or 1930s? Higher in the 1930s.
Higher in the 1980s or 1910s? Higher in the 1910s.
Higher in the 1970s or 1940s? Higher in the 1940s.

There were many more teenagers pregnant in the 1st half of the 1900s, than the second. It is true that there are many more single teenage moms lately, but that's because in the 1st half of the century, if you got your girlfriend pregnant, you married her, and she dropped out of school.

Now, lets think logically and imagine life many years ago. Humans have been around for about 5 million years.

Lets look back, say, about 500,000 years ago (or 50,000-it'd be about the same). At what age are humans having sex? Basically, as soon as they are able. Back then, U couldn't wait around to have kids until U were 20 or 30, because you would be dead by then.

When the urge to have sex came, you had sex. Most children were born before the female was 20, and you were considered a senior citizen by about 25 or so.

Now look at today. Biologically, we are primed to have kids as soon as we are able, and we're asking kids to hold off having sex until they're married at 25-35? It's ridiculous!

Humans need to breathe air, eat, and have sex.

Here's another interesting example:
Picture an official military dinner today. After the food, what happens? Everybody sits around and talks, maybe there's some dancing.

Now, lets look back about 200 years ago, at the time of Lewis and Clark. What did they do, the military officers after having their official dinners. They had an orgy. Why? Because that was the commonly accepted practice at the time. Military officers, and other people of high status, such as politicians, basically ALL had misstresses. Divorce was not allowed, so both men and women had lovers on the side. Officers misstresses would often stay on the military posts, and no one thought a thing about it.

So, before we go on about the "olden days" of higher morality, behavior, etc., let's learn something about those times so we can have a realistic perspective.

150,000 years ago, guess how many children were born out of wedlock? All of them, as there was no such thing as marriage.

Cliff
LRD

Hi!

This is for all the posters writing about Clinton getting a BJ while in office:

Sr. Bush had an affair with a White House staffer
Johnson had, I belive, several affairs while in office
JFK was screwing everyone that was available
Eisenhower was having an affair with his female driver
FDR was having an affair (with a female), and Eleanor was also having an affair with a female (a white house staffer)
Washington and Jefferson fathered numerous children with their black female slaves.

Just about every president we've ever had has had affairs, not to mention the Senators, Congressmen, CEOs, etc. People in positions like that are drawn to power, as many people are, an people want to have sex with them. Do you remember Wilt Chamberlin saying he had sex with about 15,000 women?

This type of thing commonly occurs with those types of people, and if you choose to ignore it, you're just kidding yourself.

Can you imagine GW Bush or Kerry (if he became elected) having an affair AND his wife having a lesbian affair today? The press would go NUTS! So, why don't most of you know about FDR and his wife's affairs? Because back then the average person, including the press corp figured that what you do in your personal life is just that, personal, and it had no bearing on your job function.

Cliff
LRD

Latest resources

Back