• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA - ASA Red Arrow Day Victory?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holidays and weekends are my guess. Once all the lineholders swapped out all their crap during IOT the end result was a ton of low coverage around the holiday season and weekends. It seems logical to me, but it sucks because I am junior on the CR7. The senior people swapped and left the dregs for the junior people. See you out there this weekend...again.

Last month the company "fixed" the red arrow problem by putting 1/4 of the pilots on reserve for the month. No thanks.

Holidays and weekends are my guess. Once all the lineholders swapped out all their crap during IOT the end result was a ton of low coverage around the holiday season and weekends. It seems logical to me, but it sucks because I am junior on the CR7. The senior people swapped and left the dregs for the junior people. See you out there this weekend...again.

Is this the part where junior people get screwed? I thought only PBS screwed the junior people...

Is this the part where junior people get screwed? I thought only PBS screwed the junior people...

The junior people always get the short end of the stick in any seniority based system.

Last month the company "fixed" the red arrow problem by putting 1/4 of the pilots on reserve for the month. No thanks.

Exactly! And no thanks here, too. Far better to have a line then sit on reserve and fly 20 days in the month for 75 hrs pay, making 15 trips to the airport instead of 4 or 5.

Stacks of Open Time

I haven't checked in the last few days, but usually there are stacks of open time each day - and scheduling assignes it to reserves 72 hours out. There is so much open time every day, I really don't understand why they haven't built more lines to take it away, or break up the 4 day trips in open time so that line-holders with time off can max out their monthly credits by picking up day lines, 2-days, and short over-nights such as one leg out and one leg back. When I see 7 or 8 or more open 3 and 4 day trips every day - then scheduling is doing something wrong. They are using reserves to operate regular trips rather than pick up slack for sick calls and irops.

Yes, and remember too they can hide a certain percentage of open time from line holders that doesn't even show up on that screen. This is why reserves always get trips with 1 or 2 short legs and an overnight. Seems like they try to keep you under min day everyday if at all possible.

Latest resources

Back