Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
Just a reminder that there are only two days left to complete the survey. I just did it and it only takes about 10-15 min to fill out the multiple choice questions.

Do your part and at least voice your opinion, it matters.

PT

I'm glad to see that you are in favor of changing this obsolete rule. It is time for all pilots rise up in favor of change that is long overdue.
You should realize that some moron will come up with some crap about senior pilots with seven wives and four boats who didn't plan for recessions, depressions and deregulation, but you young FEDEX pups obviously know that change will be good for you.
I wish that I could have flown past 60 just to keep some of these undeserving assholes out ot my seat.

I wish that I could have flown past 60 just to keep some of these undeserving assholes out ot my seat.[/QUOTE]

Thats what they were saying about YOU when THEY were retiring.

GCAP said:
I'm glad to see that you are in favor of changing this obsolete rule. It is time for all pilots rise up in favor of change that is long overdue.

Actually, I am NOT in favor of changing the Age 60 rule. I was simply reminding ALPA member to participate in the survey and voice their opinion while you still have a chance.

I know of some great captains that could fly past 60 but I also know quit a few that should retire now before they turn 60. The rule has to meet the masses and not the individuals. Until extensive research and testing is done and you can prove to me that increasing the age limit will improve safety I am voting to keep it where it is.

I have sent my survey in! Every ALPA member needs to vote on this one way or the other. And I agree with Purple 100% :)

Same here... I really wish ALPA would have put more of an effort over the years into getting the Social Security age lowered to age 60 for airline pilots rather than trying to raise the retirement age past 60. But I guess with all those lush retirement plans back then, I guess there wasn't any need to. My,how times have changed.

PHXFLYR:cool:

PurpleTail said:
. Until extensive research and testing is done and you can prove to me that increasing the age limit will improve safety I am voting to keep it where it is.

I don't think anyone is arguing that increasing the age limit will improve safety. I think there has always been a small group of folks that once they hit 59 and all those above them had retired now want the age limit changed. I think the new focus is simply on evaporating pay rates, evaporating retirements, and the complete uncertainty of this once great profession. I don't think safety, physical abilities, good looks or whatever is a factor. In my opinion it is simply economics for those that find themselves at retirement age and their pay and retirement have disappeared. Please spare me the multiple wives, cars, etc. etc. etc. arguement.

I am about to retire after going through multiple carriers. Not of my own choosing mind you. I have always planned on age 60 retirement, but if it changes, I will be more than capable of doing the job. Just wish I could have stayed at one carrier and had a great retirement. Take care.

PastFastMover said:
I don't think anyone is arguing that increasing the age limit will improve safety. I think there has always been a small group of folks that once they hit 59 and all those above them had retired now want the age limit changed. I think the new focus is simply on evaporating pay rates, evaporating retirements, and the complete uncertainty of this once great profession. I don't think safety, physical abilities, good looks or whatever is a factor. In my opinion it is simply economics for those that find themselves at retirement age and their pay and retirement have disappeared. Please spare me the multiple wives, cars, etc. etc. etc. arguement.

I am about to retire after going through multiple carriers. Not of my own choosing mind you. I have always planned on age 60 retirement, but if it changes, I will be more than capable of doing the job. Just wish I could have stayed at one carrier and had a great retirement. Take care.

aint this the truth :)

Why am I not surprised ALPA is waving the age 60 banner, and igoring something important... like, say... rest requirements?

Too many pilots close to age sixty have diminished skills. I'm sure I will too. Don't change this rule.

That being said.............will we have a say. ALPA is letting all interested parties have a say. Skewing the results will only tear us apart.

Latest resources

Back