• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA 401k vote.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good. There's a lot of fat that can be Cut before they come after my paltry retirement coin.

I'm looking at you Prater....

This vote did not apply to most airlines. It only applied to the ones that had ONLY a 401k as a retirement account. It did not count for UAUA, DAL, NWA, CAL, etc.

This vote did not apply to most airlines. It only applied to the ones that had ONLY a 401k as a retirement account. It did not count for UAUA, DAL, NWA, CAL, etc.

How does ALPA intend to charge two different pilot groups, two different dues rates?

I doubt they can.

How does ALPA intend to charge two different pilot groups, two different dues rates?

I doubt they can.

They don't, the "rate" is the same. The only thing the vote was for was the wage amount that qualified for the dues. If a 401k was the only source of retirement, it was exempt. And I guess still is. I personally don't think it should be subject to dues.

They don't, the "rate" is the same. The only thing the vote was for was the wage amount that qualified for the dues. If a 401k was the only source of retirement, it was exempt. And I guess still is. I personally don't think it should be subject to dues.

Where did you guys hear that the vote got shot down? I figured it would be a shoe in to pass. I sure hope you are right as this would be a victory for the little guys!

It failed by 55% to 45%. 66.6% was required for it to pass. In other words, not even close. The BOD did the right thing.

Latest resources

Back