• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha's Big Announcement!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't wait for my week in Vegas next month. I'll be the only person wearing shorts and short sleaves in 50 degree weather, and sweating!

You won't be the only one in shorts!!

I love driving around town at night and looking at everyone all bundled up. Most people around here haven't a clue what real cold is..

General Lee said:
How about a friendly merger with Southwest?
Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: :cool:

That concurs with the rumors I am hearing. I sort of doubt it because Herb supposedly said that there would be no more merges or buyouts after the MorrisAir deal; but what do I know?

regards,
enigma

Really?

General Lee said:
I am personally very excited about this mystery announcement, and think of it like a XMAS gift from Santa.....What could it be??? Maybe new 747s for new Pacific roues? How about a friendly merger with Southwest? How about double raises for being so nice? I can't wait....

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: :cool:

Really? What would be so good about a merger with Southwest?

Kiss your Hawaii lifestyle good bye. Or are you a commuter?

Kiss your 'A' fund goodbye. You're 'B' fund becomes a matching 401K except that you have to pay the management fees, so that's 6.3% vs. 7.0%

Are you stoked about paying for your wife and kid's medical? I'm not. That's gotta be several hundred a month.

Oh. That's O.K. We'll get paid a little more. Except that you'll have to work your ass off and be based in OAK, LAS, or PHX to fly here.

Unless of course you want to fly an EMB 190 at whatever rates that's going to be at.

Hmmm. Where do you think you'll fall on the seniority list. Allegheny/Mohawk is going to be the rule here.

Maybe you're talking about the hotel upgrades you'll experience. Ever been to Terrible's in Vegas?

The only thing good I see is that those %$#tard's next door will be $#@&'ed. We're all going to really wish the merger had gone through.

I think that any REAL AQ pilots are going to be really uneasy at the end of the week. Most of the new ones will be O.K. But those of us who have been around for awhile are about to get a rude awakening.

Re: Really?

jjp said:

I think that any REAL AQ pilots are going to be really uneasy at the end of the week. Most of the new ones will be O.K. But those of us who have been around for awhile are about to get a rude awakening.

jjp,

What do you mean by the statement of uneasiness at the end of the week? This isn't really going to happen, is it?

jjp said:

Define "REAL" AQ pilots, please.

jjp said:
Really? What would be so good about a merger with Southwest?

Perhaps having a management that knows how to expand an airline successfully.

Kiss your Hawaii lifestyle good bye. Or are you a commuter?
Got something against commuters? I'd rather be based in OAK or PHX than in this "paradise" where I'm treated as a second-class citizen simply because I'm white. Besides, your Hawaii lifestyle has gone bye-bye. If you want to keep it, go back to Island Air.

Kiss your 'A' fund goodbye. You're 'B' fund becomes a matching 401K except that you have to pay the management fees, so that's 6.3% vs. 7.0%
Right, and you think we'll be able to keep our retirement? Just like our neighbors next door, right? Forget them, they deserve what they got. How about USAirways?

Are you stoked about paying for your wife and kid's medical? I'm not. That's gotta be several hundred a month.
Finally, a good point.

Oh. That's O.K. We'll get paid a little more. Except that you'll have to work your ass off and be based in OAK, LAS, or PHX to fly here.

Unless of course you want to fly an EMB 190 at whatever rates that's going to be at.

Hmmm. Where do you think you'll fall on the seniority list. Allegheny/Mohawk is going to be the rule here.[.
Work your ass off? You forgetting day combos here? If that's not working your ass off, I'm really curious about your definition of "working your ass off."

Maybe you're talking about the hotel upgrades you'll experience. Ever been to Terrible's in Vegas?

Minor stuff. Most SWA hotels are just as good as ours.

The only thing good I see is that those %$#tard's next door will be $#@&'ed. We're all going to really wish the merger had gone through.

What's a "REAL AQ pilot" anyway? Is that some secret society around here that I don't know about? What rude awakening? Let's put the rumors to rest. SWA will not buy us. Let's concentrate on issues not rumors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back