• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha info. picketing today - 10/27

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Buddy of mine just called me and told me he was attending.

Good for y'all.

Show em!!!

He also told me the compnay wants the right to wet-lease, read: OUTSOURCE!

If this is true, you AQ guys are gonna' have no choice but to say enough is enough. Draw your line in the sand now (no pun intended)!
Hawaiian guys should show up and support your ALPA brothers at AQ as well.

Inform the public of what? That they like the rest of the private sector in the USA is or in the process of losing their pension. Wake up people, pension are a thing of the past. The only secured (and I lose the term losely) retirement is to have worked for the federal or state government.

about time said:
Inform the public of what? That they like the rest of the private sector in the USA is or in the process of losing their pension. Wake up people, pension are a thing of the past. The only secured (and I lose the term losely) retirement is to have worked for the federal or state government.

What are you, French? You're so defeatest in your statements. Sounding like you just want the industry to roll over on this one. "They cancelled my pension, well I guess I'll just accept it." What??? Are you kidding me??? Pensions are DEFERRED COMPENSATION. Now that managements are renigging, the labor movement will re-group and demand upfront payment. No more promises.

I don't think labor should just roll over and accept this. Our country was built on revolutions. Eventually labor will revolt and demand payment up front. Sure DAL / NWA / UAL are having their pensions attacked. But like 9/11 forced this country to reassess security. Pension terrorism will force labor to demand more payment up front. It may not happen over night. But it will happen. And it's about time AQ pilots stepped up to the plate and picketed.

We're all going to have to fight for our careers, work rules, and our benefits. It's not going to be easy but the battle certainly isn't over.

Wait till you see the blood bath about to occur at the Regionals. Read the latest Boyd report. I've been following him for over 7 years, he's been right just about every time. The Regional guys are going to have to fight for their existance as well. Nobody is immune!

about time said:

judging by this "informed" post.... a lot.

whymeworry? said:
What are you, French? You're so defeatest in your statements. Sounding like you just want the industry to roll over on this one.

why,

he's not that sophisticated...the issue isnt very complicated for him.

he didnt get hired at AQ and he still hasnt gotten over it yet.

Once again Dash8, you have astounded me with your profound grasp and knowledge of labour unions. I know for a fact that you and your family never ever shop a Wally Mart, buy only American made products and cry when another American factory is shut down and jobs are shipped over seas.

Correct again DUhh8, I was not hired at Aloha, BECAUSE I have never put an apllication in with them. You should be on a speaking tour visting all the fine colleges of America, and enlighten Americans of the strive that todays pilots face.

While you are at the airport, pick up a copy of Time magazine and read about a 78 year old woman collecting cans to make ends meet and try to continue to feel sorry for yourself.

There are people who work full time at Wallmart making minimum wage. There are people who fly RJ's for next to nothing. So, should those who make decent livings not fight for what they've got? Should they just throw in the towel, and accept subpar wages because others already do? Who needs negotiations? Constant pay cuts for everybody!
about time said:
Once again Dash8, you have astounded me with your profound grasp and knowledge of labour unions. I know for a fact that you and your family never ever shop a Wally Mart, buy only American made products and cry when another American factory is shut down and jobs are shipped over seas.

Correct again DUhh8, I was not hired at Aloha, BECAUSE I have never put an apllication in with them. You should be on a speaking tour visting all the fine colleges of America, and enlighten Americans of the strive that todays pilots face.

While you are at the airport, pick up a copy of Time magazine and read about a 78 year old woman collecting cans to make ends meet and try to continue to feel sorry for yourself.

Last edited:
about time said:
So you are saying that we should all just roll with it, Mr. Lemming? You always just take your medicine without a fight, pu$$y-pants?

Latest resources

Back