• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Hiring??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From Lee Steele, in Flight Ops, he said they are waiting to see what happens to US Air. It sounds like management is convinced they are not going to make it, and scoop up some of their old planes. I am not sure, but don't they fly 737-400s. He said they would really like to keep the fleet the same, to save money on all of the training costs.

kill whitey said:
From Lee Steele, in Flight Ops, he said they are waiting to see what happens to US Air. It sounds like management is convinced they are not going to make it, and scoop up some of their old planes. I am not sure, but don't they fly 737-400s. He said they would really like to keep the fleet the same, to save money on all of the training costs.

Isn't Lee Steele a guy on The Simpsons? No, wait. That was Max Power. Either way, -400s from a defunct carrier sounds just about right.

RJP said:
Isn't Lee Steele a guy on The Simpsons? No, wait. That was Max Power. Either way, -400s from a defunct carrier sounds just about right.
Hmmm... Lee Steele... sounds like John Holmes or Ron Jeremy etc. Anyway, we're getting sidetracked.

I don't know, I thought those -200s had to start leaving pretty soon. US Air has been on the deathwatch for a long time & they may be operating for some time to come. All part of the amazing grace of 'reorganizing' under Chapter 11. Maybe they have some leases coming due on their 737s. What is the timeline on the -200's longevity here?

Anything but RJ's.

Getter said:
Hmmm... Lee Steele... sounds like John Holmes or Ron Jeremy etc. Anyway, we're getting sidetracked.

I don't know, I thought those -200s had to start leaving pretty soon. US Air has been on the deathwatch for a long time & they may be operating for some time to come. All part of the amazing grace of 'reorganizing' under Chapter 11. Maybe they have some leases coming due on their 737s. What is the timeline on the -200's longevity here?

Anything but RJ's.

cargo birds are good until 2010, the pax planes have to be out by 2007.. which means they need to start phasing them out very very soon. i was told it'll take them a couple years to get them all ready and shipped off, and that we're really pushing it on meeting that goal.

dash8driver said:
cargo birds are good until 2010, the pax planes have to be out by 2007.. which means they need to start phasing them out very very soon. i was told it'll take them a couple years to get them all ready and shipped off, and that we're really pushing it on meeting that goal.
I find it hard to believe that some of those night cargo birds will be able to last till 2005, let alone 2010.

Freight Dog said:
I find it hard to believe that some of those night cargo birds will be able to last till 2005, let alone 2010.

the 2010 date is a projected date based on cycles left on the planes, not on actual durability. if they make it that long is another story...

dash8driver said:
did he say if that was when wp will be getting their first rj?

Never happen.

WP is getting another three DHC-8-100s as soon as the end of the month. What are they replacing? The -200s that are the only decent a/c in the fleet.

RJs are a wet dream. Unless they can get some used ones that have four million cycles on them and can be leased for free.

As for the -400s. Word on the street is that if (when) AQ stops flying inter-island, WP will pony-up for some -400s. Makes you wonder though. If used -200s are "too expensive" to operate, how do they expect to get actual new airframes? If they can't find it in a snowbank in Calgary, they're not buying it.

Latest resources

Back