• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha files Chapter 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of Aloha's problems is that we're clinging on our UAL codeshare, and United Mileage program.. and supposedly this agreement with UAL precludes us from codesharing with anyone else...

To quote my pal Hugh: DTB!!!!! Become a codeshare whore like HAL... they codeshare with darn near everyone...

Personally, I just don't see AWA or anyone buying us.. or helping us out for that matter... It'll be up to our management to get it together.

I thought they had -700s? Not -800s?

Doggie,
Why would you say that????? Now you're really made me give up hope! ;-)

If its up to our management to get their $hit together we are frickin' done! Asking our management to do anything remotely intellgent is like tossing a drowning man an anchor.....

Last edited:
AQ PILOT said:
Doggie,
Why would you say that????? Now you're really made me give up hope! ;-)

If its up to our management to get their $hit together we are frickin' done! Asking our management to do anything remotely intellgent is like tossing a drowning man an anchor.....
True.... I'm tryin to be an optimist dammit! you guys arent helping....... ;)

In all seriousness.... I think we'll scrape by... this is an industry fashion show that our management decided to follow... I'm just glad that we didn't rush to give concessions. While I'm almost positive we'll take SOME concessions, I don't think it'll get nearly as bad as management wanted in their initial approach to us especially in terms of pay.. look at HAL.. they're always comparing us with them.. I think we may cough up some work rules, and even some retirement percentages... but I don't think it'll get as bad... at least i hope not..

Dog,

The thing that makes me the most nervous is the work rules. We got it pretty good comparitively. I hate to see that stuff go out the window. I agree with you. In my uneducated opinion, AQ aint going nowhere. We'll live to fight another day, but this period between bouts is gonna suck!

Freight Dog et al,

I highly doubt AWA would be interested in AQ. From what I've seen from management here they're in no mood to pour cash into any airline as part of a buyout. That was part of the reason we didn't do the ATA thing, since it would require too much cash out of pocket.

I've heard from the asst. chief pilot that what they're looking for are planes at least as big as the 757, since they believe their loads could support that going to Hawaii. And since the AQ ETOPS covers only the 737-700, it would still leave AWA waiting a year or more for the 757's to get added on their own.

The other grumblings going around the office is that the new cash may be for a new aircraft purchase. Since Boeing ended the 757 line it is possible they're looking at 767's. Common type rating with our current 757's, and could provide the lift needed not only for Hawaii but for some of our packed domsetic routes too. Boeing is hurting for business on the 767 line that was slowed down by the delay of the Air Force tanker deal. AWA would probably get a very nice deal on a package of new 767's.

Good luck guys on getting out of BK soon, and lets hope it doesn't get strung out like HA's did.

HAL

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back