Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Almost/possible another Asiana type crash at SFO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FAA, Transport Canada and EU need to bar Asian carriers with defective training from flying to their respective countries.

One more crash will do it. One more.

US Carriers will scramble to fill the capacity to the United States alone...

Personally I enjoy flying in and out of SFO. That said flying approaches at glide angles similar to the space shuttle is bound to have consequences. It's time to tell the hippies to bite it and enjoy the sweet sound of a turbojet engine.

Personally I enjoy flying in and out of SFO. That said flying approaches at glide angles similar to the space shuttle is bound to have consequences. It's time to tell the hippies to bite it and enjoy the sweet sound of a turbojet engine.

When you do that, please also tell the rich folks south of SNA the same thing. That marginally-safe, max power then cutback departure procedure out of there is bound to bite somebody in the rear one of these days (although it IS a cool ride in the back when you're very light).

Hey, where's PCL when you need him? DAMN those rich people!

Bubba

When you do that, please also tell the rich folks south of SNA the same thing. That marginally-safe, max power then cutback departure procedure out of there is bound to bite somebody in the rear one of these days (although it IS a cool ride in the back when you're very light).

Hey, where's PCL when you need him? DAMN those rich people!

Bubba

Agreed. Big fun trying to go to the east coast with a full A319 out of there.

You lost me Bro, fair about what? Put the runway in the box, 4 miles, 1200 feet, not rocket science.

Taxiing out to 1R one night, tower gave a low altitude alert to a Delta aircraft over the bridge that then went around. Apparently over the bridge VERY low. So no, this Eva isn't a lone case and yes it has happened to an American crew.

FAA, Transport Canada and EU need to bar Asian carriers with defective training from flying to their respective countries.

One more crash will do it. One more.

US Carriers will scramble to fill the capacity to the United States alone...

Expect those countries to bar US carriers from their airspace as well especially after some of the mistakes US pilots are making!

Taxiing out to 1R one night, tower gave a low altitude alert to a Delta aircraft over the bridge that then went around. Apparently over the bridge VERY low. So no, this Eva isn't a lone case and yes it has happened to an American crew.

Very true.

My 300 nighttime River Visual approaches into DCA in the DC-9 has spoiled me.

Agreed. Big fun trying to go to the east coast with a full A319 out of there.

Seriously?
SNA is fun man- please give me something different - and remember RJ FOs do that procedure every day- but at sea it's "capt only" like we have a bunch of rookies to the right
How on earth do we justify our pay when we complain about this kind of stuff?
Nothing remotely dangerous and we all make good coin out of there-
We need to be valuable and not scared of our own shadows too you know-

It speaks of complacency- no we ought not make every flight routine- the problem isn't that certain places pose different challenges- the problem is when we get into the mentality that each leg doesn't deserve our attention and skill-

Even if one is unable to interpret visual cues, it's very simple to check the distance from the RWY threshold in the MCDU (forget the Boeing nomenclature) and create in your mind a 3degree path from say a 5 mile final and use V/S mode to maintain it...and the added benefit is in 'Bus and Boeing aircraft, the A/T is actively maintaining speed in vertical speed mode...very simple... no PAPI needed...or just fly the GNSS approach and be done with it if you've been up all night and are a bit fatigued..

Latest resources

Back