• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Almost PFT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds to me like you were a whore both times!

It's not surprising, though. If you stuck it out for two years, then you had pretty much made it clear that you were a target for other bottom-feeder operations. Kind of like the girl who goes to the Islands for the first time, and gets her hair braided. Every hustler that comes along after that can see that the person will buy anything!

I was in the same job market as you, at the same time, and probably with the same experience, but after the first year as an FO at a crappy company, I decided I was worth more and could do better. I decided I wouldn't take any job unless it paid over $35K to start, and came with a type rating. I sent out 15-20 resumes every month, while learning as much as I could about both 135/91 jet operations AND interviewing.

When the bottom-feeders called on the resumes I sent out, I told them in the first two minutes what my minimums were. It really separated the wheat from the chaff! The other pilots at the crappy company I was working for said I'd never get anyone to type me and pay that kind of money (blah, blah,blah) . . but guess what?

I got 2 offers that met my requirements- one from Flight Options, as a Hawker 800XP FO (with type, starting at $35,000) and another, even better job offer (Co-captain) that also came with a jet type, with more pay, and jet PIC time.

In other words, you're pretty much worth what you think you're worth. If you think you're worth only $20,000. after you have bought your own type, you probably are!

Last edited:
Wow, you're one he!! of a pilot Ty. I wish I could be like you. Have fun at ValueJet. Do you realize that most of your captains PFT'd? You must really enjoy sharing a cockpit with those SOB's.

Every Village has an Idiot . . . . You must be ours.

Anyone who would compare AirTran today with the VJ of six years ago obviously doesn't have the foggiest idea of what the situation is here at AirTran. I'm not going to waste the time to set you straight. You have yourself a good one, now, y'hear?

Last edited:
If pilots with the mins mentioned in the ad are available, it probably means they are furloughed pilots. I don't imagine a lot of furloughed pilots have that money sitting around on top of the dresser...

Latest resources

Back