• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VGerect

taken from Avcrew.com

Learjet 35/55 Co-Pilot (CA) 8/22

Ten year old Part 135 Jet Charter operator, located in the San Francisco area, is seeking to hire a full-time Learjet 35/55 co-pilot. Minimum requirements include: ATP with 2500 hours total fixed wing, 500 hours PIC fixed wing, 100 hours PIC multi engine/fixed wing, 500 hours total multi engine/fixed wing, and 150 hours instrument.

Successful applicant must pay for first year's training expenses at Flight Safety International. First year's salary $28,000. Medical insurance available after 6 months, retirement plan available after one year's service, and all training expenses paid after first year. If you meet the above requirements, please email your VIRUS FREE resume to [email protected].

Sounds like a great deal huh! (sarcasm)

I saw the same ad, and thought the same thing. Plus, $28k/yr probably won't buy you much in San Francisco, especially if you're paying back the thousands of dollars it takes to get the Lear type!
:rolleyes:

$28,000 a year anywhere in California won’t get you very far.

A year or so ago I arrived home rather late; the wife was even later so I just decided to order a pizza. Within the allotted 30 minutes it arrived and much to my amusement, where the coupons would normally be attached to the box was a job application.

Across the top of the app in big letters was “Starting Pay $12.00 per hr plus tips.”

Now if you work 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year that’s something like $24,000 not factoring in tips. Let’s say you averaged $10.00 a night in tips, that’s another $2,600… for delivering pizza, not requiring a training contract.

These folks are pond scum, PFT corporate/charter slugs.

Minimum requirements include: ATP with 2500 hours total fixed wing, 500 hours PIC fixed wing, 100 hours PIC multi engine/fixed wing, 500 hours total multi engine/fixed wing, and 150 hours instrument

You would think/hope that someone with their ATP that meets those requirements wouldn't give this job a second look after seeing the:

Successful applicant must pay for first year's training expenses at Flight Safety International. First year's salary $28,000

I'm several hundred hours shy of their mins, and I'm sure most people with my flight time wouldn't give this job a second look.
:mad:

I wouldnt say its almost PFT...

It IS PFT. Everyone has to do what they think is best for themselves, their future, and their family, but I this kind of thing sets a bad precedent. Like the guy said, go deliver pizza and also instruct on the side. The business will be back eventually and this kind of thing will disappear again.

Last edited:
that's why this business is the way it is, always somebody willing to work for whatever is offered, no matter what.

It is quite amazing what hunger or the fear of hunger will do to a man. Isnt it?

You can't be serious

I hope that this ad is just a joke? There can't possibly be anyone stupid enough to take a job like this one. Our industry can't be getting this bad can it?

$28,000 a year anywhere in California won’t get you very far.

A year or so ago I arrived home rather late; the wife was even later so I just decided to order a pizza. Within the allotted 30 minutes it arrived and much to my amusement, where the coupons would normally be attached to the box was a job application.

Across the top of the app in big letters was “Starting Pay $12.00 per hr plus tips.”

Now if you work 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year that’s something like $24,000 not factoring in tips. Let’s say you averaged $10.00 a night in tips, that’s another $2,600… for delivering pizza, not requiring a training contract.

These folks are pond scum, PFT corporate/charter slugs

First of all, I agree with you. However, let me ralay my pft story to you.

6years ago I worked for one of the largest companies on the face of our planet. Very high profile. My starting pay was $15000 a year and after 2 years I was all the way up to $17500 a year flying top executives around in turbine and jet equipment. I quit after 2 years and went to a relatively small company that required an upfront investment of $10000 (pft). I made $35000 my first year with said company. If you subtract the $10000 from FIRST YEAR salary it comes to $25000. This equates to almost a $10000 raise I received (including pft) by leaving the wooly mammoth. Looking back, I consider myself to be a whore in the first job, not the second.

Latest resources

Back