ALMA Airlines shuts down in Mexico.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fernando

ALMA Airlines closed and filed for bankrupcy today.They had 19 CRJ, with this, its the 4th airline closing in Mexico this year, the other 3 being AEROCALIFORNIA (Dc9s), ALADIA (charter, B757s) and AVOLAR (B737s)....i hope this trend ends there!!!!!

Obama help us recover the economy!!!! help!!!

ALMA Airlines closed and filed for bankrupcy today.They had 19 CRJ, with this, its the 4th airline closing in Mexico this year, the other 3 being AEROCALIFORNIA (Dc9s), ALADIA (charter, B757s) and AVOLAR (B737s)...

That sucks saw them takeoff yesterday in MTY.

I hope they luck trying to find new jobs

I suggest you watch the latest episode of South Park.

Are you fu***ng serious? Did you catch the one with the giant ginny pigs? Think before you type.

That was bound to happen, RJs cannot mak money on their own, they need to feed larger aircraft. Air Independence, and Express jet's brand operations come to mind

That was bound to happen, RJs cannot mak money on their own, they need to feed larger aircraft. Air Independence, and Express jet's brand operations come to mind

Just ask United and US Airways how well the mainline 737s are making it on their own. It does not matter what airframe, it is a hard market today around the globe. More than anything survival is linked to access to credit.

Just ask United and US Airways how well the mainline 737s are making it on their own. It does not matter what airframe, it is a hard market today around the globe. More than anything survival is linked to access to credit.

I'll be honest, I don't really understand this. What happened to the old notion of not spending what you don't have. Why are WNs 737s better than UAs 737s (other than they're often -700s)?

Well, I think it's because some people work harder. If the plane is on the ground, it's "game on"! If you have no debt, and instead, savings, you have that much more to work with.

It's just another example of why this country is screwed, and the worst is yet to come. I could happily live under a liberal or conservative president, as long as they were financially responsible. Neither of our major options this year were.

Our country is mortgaging our future, hyper-inflation will come, mark my words (worth nothing, just an opinion).

Cheers!

Lilah

Latest resources

Back