ALMA Airlines shuts down in Mexico.

Fernando

Total Time
ALMA Airlines closed and filed for bankrupcy today.They had 19 CRJ, with this, its the 4th airline closing in Mexico this year, the other 3 being AEROCALIFORNIA (Dc9s), ALADIA (charter, B757s) and AVOLAR (B737s)....i hope this trend ends there!!!!!

Obama help us recover the economy!!!! help!!!

BOHICAgain

I will miss you Daniel
Total Time
ALMA Airlines closed and filed for bankrupcy today.They had 19 CRJ, with this, its the 4th airline closing in Mexico this year, the other 3 being AEROCALIFORNIA (Dc9s), ALADIA (charter, B757s) and AVOLAR (B737s)...
That sucks saw them takeoff yesterday in MTY.

I hope they luck trying to find new jobs

Flybet3

Fly for me! Get my Bonus!
Total Time
plenty
I suggest you watch the latest episode of South Park.
Are you fu***ng serious? Did you catch the one with the giant ginny pigs? Think before you type.

CALRepublic

Total Time
plenty
That was bound to happen, RJs cannot mak money on their own, they need to feed larger aircraft. Air Independence, and Express jet's brand operations come to mind

Fernando

Total Time
BOHICAgain i guess you fly for either Continental or American right? Im based at MTY

SLUF4

Total Time
it's probably his top priority to help the Mexican economy

jws717

registered abuser
Total Time
loads
That was bound to happen, RJs cannot mak money on their own, they need to feed larger aircraft. Air Independence, and Express jet's brand operations come to mind
Just ask United and US Airways how well the mainline 737s are making it on their own. It does not matter what airframe, it is a hard market today around the globe. More than anything survival is linked to access to credit.

Lilah

Total Time
Just ask United and US Airways how well the mainline 737s are making it on their own. It does not matter what airframe, it is a hard market today around the globe. More than anything survival is linked to access to credit.

I'll be honest, I don't really understand this. What happened to the old notion of not spending what you don't have. Why are WNs 737s better than UAs 737s (other than they're often -700s)?

Well, I think it's because some people work harder. If the plane is on the ground, it's "game on"! If you have no debt, and instead, savings, you have that much more to work with.

It's just another example of why this country is screwed, and the worst is yet to come. I could happily live under a liberal or conservative president, as long as they were financially responsible. Neither of our major options this year were.

Our country is mortgaging our future, hyper-inflation will come, mark my words (worth nothing, just an opinion).

Cheers!

Lilah