• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegro?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Allegro is a Mexican charter airline that flies B-727's. They essentialy fly cabotage(sp?) here in the states. Most flights being between US and Mexico. They take away alot of business for american operators because they can charge very little. Very low mx costs and very low pilot pay allows them to out bid most US carriers. Mexico says they will allow US carriers to fly interMexico routes in exchange. Obviously there are no viable routes inside of Mexico.

miaboeingcapt has it right. They are a Mexican charter airline started in 1992. I would add that they also have 3 md-80s.

They took a contract away from a company I flew for in the mid-90s.

Allegro offers charter flights to many college student who go off to Cancun and Acupulco (think I spelled it right) for Spring Break each year. They do indeed offer low airfare!

Allegro Victim

When I was young and dumb, I went on Spring Break to the Bahamas with a bunch of my buddies from college. We had a blast. Some of the fun was on our charter airline: Allegro.

The deal was that they tell you 48 hrs before you depart (there was a 72 hr departure window) when to be at JFK for the flight now to Nassau.

I assume they still run these charters. It was a 727-200 that we took down there.

They run charters (mostly for FunJet Vacations) to all the hot-spots in Mexico. There is a class-action law suit against them dealing with the cabotage issue mentioned earlier. Ya, like any of us want to fly point-to-point in Mexico. No thanks. We compete against them poorly as they run a dirt-cheap airline and offer dirt-cheap charter rates to the wholesalers. Poor passengers show up expecting ATA and get stuck on a butt-hole operator from Mexico, I think I'd take my family and leave!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back