• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Travel company to Purchase six B-757

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had heard that this flying was going to be outsourced to Ryan Intl pilots. Not to start any flames here, but is this true or has that idea been re-thought?

If they are going to be placed into service in the 4th quarter of this year, I'd think they will have to have a bid and start training ASAP. Also get an ETOPS program with a new type on the certificate. A very tall order in a few short months. I'd say the writing is on the wall. Just A WAG.

PHNL will be the base supposedly.

That would actually make some sense. I could see Allegiant serving West Coast destinations like BLI, PSP, MRY, MDZ, IWA and maybe even LAS 2-3 times per week from HNL and not competing head-to-head with the majors.

Again, I wonder if the flying will be out-and-back with 3 pilots or whether layovers will be introduced... Should be interesting to watch.

Quick Allegiant question: which are the most junior bases in the system for newhires?

Share with us. Where did you hear that?

FWIW, I heard this from a friend of mine who is friends with an ALGT Captain. Personally i hope it is not true. But it seems ALGT's time frame to start service is not enough to train their pilots.

It's not just about training pilots. There's a whole slew of MX and dispatch issues they have to deal with in a new Ops. Spec. Ask an Alaskan pilot how long it took them, and they didn't buy a new type of airplane for it.

No 757 pay rates on the airline pilot central website, just MD80. What are the 757 rates?

The rates on APC are the old rates. New rates go into effect on May 1st with a blended rate for all narrowbody aircraft. Rates are four tiers depending on profitability. The lowest tier is just about UAL's 737/A320 scale. The highest, your 756 scale. Extra COLA allowances and work rules pertaining to the Hawaii flying are being ironed out. We will be doing the flying.

It's not just about training pilots. There's a whole slew of MX and dispatch issues they have to deal with in a new Ops. Spec. Ask an Alaskan pilot how long it took them, and they didn't buy a new type of airplane for it.

Don't forget the ETOPS stuff too. That doesn't get handed out by the FAA overnight.

There proposed schedule to do all of this is pretty fast, and we all know how fast the FAA is...

Aircraft on property in the 4th quarter does not necessarily mean HI in the 4th quarter. They have to be on property before all the boxes can be checked. We were told to expect a bid for the new equipment, in the near future.

Don't forget the ETOPS stuff too. That doesn't get handed out by the FAA overnight.

There proposed schedule to do all of this is pretty fast, and we all know how fast the FAA is...

Maybe I wasn't clear, but that's explicitly what I'm talking about.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back