Allegiant Sucks!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Midnight Flyer said:
I've even heard that one of the airlines (don't remember which) will start charging for premium seats (like an isle seat, for instance). I personally like the window seat, so nobody jacks with me when they need to get up and walk the isle, but some ppl actually prefer the isle for whatever reasons.

BTW, all this is just MHO..
Midnight

We've been doing that for a while now. We don't assign seats until the day of departure. If you want a specific seat prior, you have to pay $10 each way. Most people pay the money...

The fact is, people want a cheap fare. Once they pay for that cheap fare, most don't mind paying for the extras if they want them. At least with us, once they get on the airplane they are on vacation. What they spend on sodas or snacks is vacation money and people spend a crap load on that stuff...

chperplt said:
We've been doing that for a while now. We don't assign seats until the day of departure. If you want a specific seat prior, you have to pay $10 each way. Most people pay the money...

The fact is, people want a cheap fare. Once they pay for that cheap fare, most don't mind paying for the extras if they want them. At least with us, once they get on the airplane they are on vacation. What they spend on sodas or snacks is vacation money and people spend a crap load on that stuff...

Yeah, I guess that's where the difference is. In a restaurant, I'm hesitatant to spend $5 for a regular beer, but when I was on a cruise last year with my wife, we thought nothing for spending $13 dollars feach for their fru-fru drinks, just "cause we were on vacation".
You make a good point.

I was non reving last week at Allegiant.. They didn't charge me for my drinks, and food ! (thanks allegiant).

My friends over there are happy, so I guess it isn't all that bad...

I just think its funny that some of the smaller companies can get CASS approved but companies like ASA and Frontier can't or won't. Congrats on being CASS approved Allegiant! Maybe Jerry Atkin (Pres/CEO of Skywest/ASA) will use CASS as a bargaining chip against ASA; stange how Skywest can get on it but ASA can't, but I guess that's a topic for another day.

Flydaplane said:
I just think its funny that some of the smaller companies can get CASS approved but companies like ASA and Frontier can't or won't. Congrats on being CASS approved Allegiant! Maybe Jerry Atkin (Pres/CEO of Skywest/ASA) will use CASS as a bargaining chip against ASA; stange how Skywest can get on it but ASA can't, but I guess that's a topic for another day.

heh heh, it's not that they can't get on CASS, it's that they won't, due to the cost involved. It ain't free.

How true is that. Look at e-bay. You can sell a book or something on there for $.99 and by the time they pay postage and handling, their total is $8.50 and they are happy to pay it - since they got their bargain.

From what I hear, sounds like a good place to be. Gotta find out more and how to get there.

or Southwest?

I dont work for Allegiant but I flew on them from LAS to FAT and loved the service. $2.00 isn't that bad of a price to pay for a drink.....if $2.00 is too much to pay for a drink, then maybe you shouldn't be flying anyways and use Greyhound instead.

Latest resources

Back