• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This airline has a stategic strategy

Your management must have gone to the Dubya' school of business!:D

Saabslime said:
Your management must have gone to the Dubya' school of business!:D

How do you figure? Last I checked, we were one of a handfull of airlines that made money last year.

chperplt said:
How do you figure? Last I checked, we were one of a handfull of airlines that made money last year.

I think he was poking fun at "strategic strategy." I thought that was hillarious.

Geez, I'm glad somebody got it.

"Strategic Strategy"........a.k.a "strategery" in the dubya camp.:)

inthegoo said:
Was hanging out with some Allegiant dudes the other day and they told me that Allegiant charges their customers 3 bucks for ALL beverages on board, including canned water! (12 ounce)

Now this I figure is ah, O.K.
Well, don't seem so suprised, as I'm afraid that will be the standard for things to come!! I'm a fan of the legacy airlines, but it's too bad the good ole days are gone. I used to blame the LCC's for introducting air travel to the greyhound crowd, cheapening the industry, and making the pax pay for drinks/food/water, etc.. But now, I'm just as pi$$ed at the passengers as I am the LCC's. Since the tickets have gotten so rediciously cheap over the past few years, the quality of the average passenger has gone south. As long as the passengers are only willing to pay pennies for a ticket, the airlines will continue to dream up ways to cut costs in order to make a profit (or break even in some cases).
I've even heard that one of the airlines (don't remember which) will start charging for premium seats (like an isle seat, for instance). I personally like the window seat, so nobody jacks with me when they need to get up and walk the isle, but some ppl actually prefer the isle for whatever reasons.

BTW, all this is just MHO..
Midnight

Latest resources

Back