Allegiant Starting Service To Knoxville

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Way2Broke

I just read that Allegiant is starting service from MCO to TYS. They are reaplacing flyI as Knoxville's low cost carrier. Is this growth, or did they drop a city and pick up Knoxville?

Allegiant ....

I know Allegiant was starting service to LAS and PIE but not MCO. It does not show in their schedule.
I'm not particularly impressed by Allegiant. I made reservations. After the flight was chosen, it would cost an additional $11 per ticket to choose a seat. There was also added charge to check a bag.
My plans changed and I needed to contact their reservations. They don't have a toll free number and I called Las Vegas no less the 12 times attempting to get through with no sucess. The last call, I was on hold 90 minutes.
Finally I just gave up and notified my credit card company to dispute the charges. I don't think I want to fly on an airline that is so tight on staffing that I can't even speak to a representative.
A letter to the editor of the Knoxville newspaper was printed to advise Knoxville passengers what they are getting as a "Low Cost Carrier". I think I'll stick with US Airways.

I know Allegiant was starting service to LAS and PIE but not MCO. It does not show in their schedule.
I'm not particularly impressed by Allegiant. I made reservations. After the flight was chosen, it would cost an additional $11 per ticket to choose a seat. There was also added charge to check a bag.
My plans changed and I needed to contact their reservations. They don't have a toll free number and I called Las Vegas no less the 12 times attempting to get through with no sucess. The last call, I was on hold 90 minutes.
Finally I just gave up and notified my credit card company to dispute the charges. I don't think I want to fly on an airline that is so tight on staffing that I can't even speak to a representative.
A letter to the editor of the Knoxville newspaper was printed to advise Knoxville passengers what they are getting as a "Low Cost Carrier". I think I'll stick with US Airways.

Bud,

If you want to pay for frills, buy your ticket on a full frills airline. We charge low ticket prices and then charge for everything else. You don't like it, don't fly us. We're filling over 80% of all our seats and have been profitable 14 of the last 15 quarters by being different. Again, don't like it... Pay US Air 3 times the price and connect through their hub..

Oh.. as far as not having an 800 number. Your cell phone carrier doesn't charge you for long distance. Why should we pay for your call.... Saves us 25K a month.

Last edited:
I just read that Allegiant is starting service from MCO to TYS. They are reaplacing flyI as Knoxville's low cost carrier. Is this growth, or did they drop a city and pick up Knoxville?

TYS service is growth service... TYS-SFB service starts Feb 15th and was announced today.

We lose SWF but pick up FWA and TYS, so I guess it could be growth.

Bud, I know your frustration, but we are a different type of airline service. Like Chper said if you want frills you have to pay more. I do like your avatar though I come from an original Mohawk family.

chperplt - like your avatar - is it possible to have a t-shirt or just a sticker with that picture? If so, where do I get one? tx

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back