• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant is hiring FOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are overstaffed in the west and chronically understaffed east. And there are 20 pilots out west without a base (LAX, IFP) come Jan who will bump into other west domiciles. Plus there are several pilots stuck in FL almost a year who still can't get out. So, any hiring would be for Florida only and would likely entail a multi-year stay before you could bid out west. OTOH if you want to live in FL you could potentially get a line pretty quick and have a pretty decent QOL, if being home a lot is your main priority.

Last edited:
Yea right......$41/ $63 / $73.
70 Guarantee, mostly locals and $1.00 hr per diem. 10 days off on reserve. Not to mention a crash pad. No thank you. I wont be leaving for that job anytime soon.

How do you know? Have you even read their contract?

How do you know? Have you even read their contract?

Read the FARs... they're pretty much the same as our work rules. He's right about the pay too.

What he stated is correct. New hires will be on reserve for a long time with 10 days off and 70 hour guarantee at those pay rates and per diem.

Home every night is great if you live in Florida. I think many people who live in our Florida bases and are ok with that pay would be happy, but anyone else would be unhappy. Only smart to put out the facts and let people decide for themselves.

Lots of people here are from the "two year upgrade" side of Allegiant. It isn't that way any more. Many FOs going on 5 years now and likely wont upgrade this year or next. So FO pay is important to a newhire.

Last edited:
I live about 30 minutes from SFB, is this one of the bases they are hiring into? The only problem I have is with the pay, I would take a big pay cut but I think I would enjoy the mostly out and back day trip schedules. Do most pilots enjoy that schedule?

I'd say SFB will definitely be up for bid for newhires.

Most do, but reserve can be sent on TDY anywhere in the system for a month (you'll know that after bids close on the month prior) or sent out to cover flying in other bases for a day or a few days on a moment's notice. Lineholders are safe in that regard. There is some talk of sporadic overnights for lineholders coming up at some point in the future but nothing specific.

Overall you will be home every night on reserve but you can't make plans you can't break because you will get sent out every once in a while.

One last thing for clarification. Newhires must find their own lodging during ground school in Las Vegas and are paid $2000/mo during training. Many find a crashpad easily for school but are unaware of the pay at that time.

This is a great airline for those who are here. I like it and I'm sure you would too. Just wanted to make clear what to plan for financially.

Last edited:
What labbats said about TDY's should not be underestimated.....Allegiant block hours vary widely from month to month and there's no way to staff every base appropriately every month. The result is some bases are overstaffed and some understaffed at various times. The solution is to junior-assign reserves from the "over" bases into the "under" bases. You get paid transportation to & from at the beginning & end of the month, a hotel room, and $1-day per diem. And they can and do TDY pilots from one coast to the other.

Thanks for the info guys, I think I will apply and take it from there and see what happens. I meet all the requirements, but I'm sure many people will be applying for the few positions available.

One last thing for clarification. Newhires must find their own lodging during ground school in Las Vegas and are paid $2000/mo during training. Many find a crashpad easily for school but are unaware of the pay at that time.

This is a great airline for those who are here. I like it and I'm sure you would too. Just wanted to make clear what to plan for financially.

Thanks for this bit of information. I applied, but have one unofficial offer from one carrier and a class date with another. Both provide hotel rooms during training.

Yea right......$41/ $63 / $73.
70 Guarantee, mostly locals and $1.00 hr per diem. 10 days off on reserve. Not to mention a crash pad. No thank you. I wont be leaving for that job anytime soon.

that can't be right, you sure that's not their old contract pay rate? seems awful low..

Latest resources

Back