• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Fire..again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which darling cargo airline destroyed an MD11 a few months back? Oh right, that was Fedex.

Which web-board darling destroyed a 747 the other month? Oh right, that was UPS.

I see you enjoy pointing out untimely deaths. ******************************bag:mad:

I see you enjoy pointing out untimely deaths. ******************************bag:mad:

I doubt that. Most likely merely pointing out the fact that EVERY carrier has had their issues and that maybe the mob with the torches and pitchforks towards AAY might be a bit premature and over-the-top.

I doubt that. Most likely merely pointing out the fact that EVERY carrier has had their issues and that maybe the mob with the torches and pitchforks towards AAY might be a bit premature and over-the-top.

Exactly. I always think it is odd that people go on to a thread, or start a thread to insult an airline that they do not work at. I don't go onto a Virgin thread to trash them, why do other people? Don't you people have a girlfriend, or wife, or kids to be with. Take your son outside and through football or something.

It's never good enough. Airlines get crap for having a slow upgrade but then get no credit for then having more experience in both seats. Allegiant makes the interview process more picky by having an essay and a sim and then that pisses people off. How about some credit for raising standards? The only people that can really make an educated comment on an airline are the employees on the property right now. The training department and safety at Allegiant are very good. I'm sure the CEO goes out to each maintenance base and tells the mechanics to pencil whip every third logbook write up in order to save money.

Not my words. I would be careful using wik as a reference. Again, I say nothing against the people at AAY it's the management. MG did help start Valujet and ran before he was caught. His history has been jaded for some time. This is not his only rodeo. Jealous, No just concerned that he was let grow too fast. This has happened may times before. VJ was an interesting example as it applies directly to AAY.

Is your point that you can cut and paste from Wiki? If so, Bravo! I think the real story is your personal history at Allegiant. Care to share it with us?

Exactly. I always think it is odd that people go on to a thread, or start a thread to insult an airline that they do not work at. I don't go onto a Virgin thread to trash them, why do other people?

You chose to add UPS and FedEx to a thread about your airline and think it's odd that someone would insult an airline people don't work at. Pot meet kettle.

I don't think there is anyone from either of those companies saying anything about yours, but you threw them in to make you feel better.

Still think you're a d-bag for it.

You chose to add UPS and FedEx to a thread about your airline and think it's odd that someone would insult an airline people don't work at. Pot meet kettle.

I don't think there is anyone from either of those companies saying anything about yours, but you threw them in to make you feel better.

Still think you're a d-bag for it.

Tragic what happened in the events you mention. Of course, anytime something happens at Allegiant we all have to be reminded of the tragedy of Valujet 592, as if it has anything to do with events at Allegiant. Large loss of life in that one to, yet that seems perfectly within bounds as evidenced by the multipule references in any Allegiant post on this board!

No kidding. Youll never see my family on that airline.

FO for life: That one above was probably what sparked my post. As always, one should count to 10 before posting. I didn't mean to upset you with that. The point was I find it laughable that pilots think Allegiant is so bad when you look at what happens at basically every other airline. It's flightinfo though, every single airline and pilot is targeted. I was reading through different threads and forums and I have learned the following:

-every regional pilot is between 15-22 years old. Both seats.
-delta pilots are sky gods and all from the navy. Unless a new hire, then they are a minority or female. All of them.
-jetblue should fail any day now due to finally having to pay for mx.
-allegiant is basically value jet.
-mesa sucks
-SWA is a PFT operation and sucks because they only fly domestic.
-flight school kids want to fly a jet for free. All of them.
-any pilot group without a union is scum, including those on the list that wanted a union.

BRA, great post.. Now no one need ever log on to FI again, as you have essentially recapped every position accurately.

;)

Latest resources

Back