Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Green Banana

Request Direct Honolulu..
10/8/2010, For the second time in two months, an Allegiant Air jet has had an engine catch fire while it was still on the ground. A fire broke out on an Allegiant Air plane at the Sanford Airport this morning. The fire is now out and everyone got off safely

10/7/2010, An Allegiant flight G4-485 from Grand Forks,ND to las Vegas,NV (USA) with 152 people on board, was climbing out of Grand Forks cleared to climb 10,000 feet when the crew requested to level off at 5000 feet indicating they might need to return to the airport. A short time later the crew declared emergency reporting a number of smoke detectors had gone off

9/14/2010, An Allegiant Air Boeing MD-82 carrying a college football team to a game in Missouri struck runway end lights and appears to have overran the runway before taking off

8/13/2010, A Florida-bound Allegiant Air jet with more than 100 passengers aborted takeoff from Roanoke Regional Airport this afternoon when an engine caught fire, an airport spokeswoman said.

No Flame or Pun intended, but is this a normal amount of problems?

Funny, all I ever hear from the "smart-guy" airline analysts is how great Allegiant's business model is for operating all these really-cheap-to-acquire MD80s. :rolleyes:

The FAA hopefully will take this into account when granting etops...

8/13/2010, A Florida-bound Allegiant Air jet with more than 100 passengers aborted takeoff from Roanoke Regional Airport this afternoon when an engine caught fire, an airport spokeswoman said.

That's one airport I'd hate to abort the t/o run.

Funny, all I ever hear from the "smart-guy" airline analysts is how great Allegiant's business model is for operating all these really-cheap-to-acquire MD80s. :rolleyes:

Funny all I keep reading about southwest is how they missed a bazillion inspections and required maintenance on their planes.

Latest resources

Back