Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Expands: PSM to SFB Service...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not angry at all, just...puzzled...

I gather that 410dude is a flamebaiter, and while I too enjoy stirring the pot, I at least try to be intelligant and make sense. :)

Brian

Allegiant is a pretty good company. Most of the guys there enjoy their jobs and working for the company. It seems like they're picking up some of Pan Am's (the lastest one) and Southeast Airlines's old routes down to SFB.

Saw this is today's paper in the business section- One way fare $39.00. Amazing-you can fly in a mutilmillion dollar jet up and down the whole east cost for $78.00 and the company can make money but you can't take a taxi 60 miles for that amount. Guess I went to the wrong business school

The making money part of the equation has little to nothing to do with the airfare. There is much more to the business at hand than simply flying someone from point A to B. Those other aspects of the business is what is making the company a profit.

Just curious-what other aspects of the passanger airline business-other than air freight-make profits for an airline-I would think that if the profit center was freight they would all do away with those peskee passangers.

410dude said:
Just what this industry needs, another low pay bottom feeder expanding. At this rate, I'll never make it to the majors.

Judging from your postings and attitude , I would say that is the least of your worries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just curious-what other aspects of the passanger airline business-other than air freight-make profits for an airline-I would think that if the profit center was freight they would all do away with those peskee passangers.

Allegiant makes the vast majority of its profit from the Allegiant Vacations division of the company. They sell package deals for Vegas and SFB, our only two destinations. They also sell things that conventional airlines give away and generate a good amount of revenue.

Latest resources

Back