Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Expands: PSM to SFB Service...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just what this industry needs, another low pay bottom feeder expanding. At this rate, I'll never make it to the majors.

The Majors??

410dude said:
Just what this industry needs, another low pay bottom feeder expanding. At this rate, I'll never make it to the majors.

Bud, I got news for you...what majors??? you mean the companies that are in Bankruptcy or near it....Oh yea I remember them, Eastern, Braniff, Pan Am (the real Pan Am), TWA..those guys....

The future has arrived, and the winds of change have been in the air for some time, The majors are what you make them now days...

The salaries of old are all but a memory for most, what could have been if gone, what come out of these changes will be who survives, who can make money...

SO what should define a major in this brave new world?? I think it should be the net Proceeds, are you in the REd or in the Black....

Market prices and pressures will always drive the salaries a company can afford to pay and stay in the Black...

Bottom feeder? I think not. Airtran, Jet Blue, Allegiant, TMA...to name some, are all doing fine, the employees are doing fine..If a person wants to work in the Airline industry, then be prepard for the salaries they pay....

JMHO mind you....I hope you get a shot at the NEW majors one day....

and then the paradigm shifted permanently...

Flying the Line - Book Three

"...and in the early part of the new millenium we pretty much just gave up, outsourced all the flying to the lowest bidder, and started applying at AirTran, Jetblue, and Allegiant -- the new majors."

By the sum of most of your posts, I think you need to get out of high school first.

Allegiant is also expanding from SWF to SFB..

Chprplt:

I have the utmost respect for you but...

There used to be a male flight attendant at US Airways named Babatoo who had photos of himself dressed as wonder-woman.

I'm not sure thats the company you want to keep... ;)

Come on now.. Artie Lang as Superwoman is funny.. Don't you think??? :eek: I can put up the Artie as Shrek again if you prefer!

Speaking of US Air.... Wasn't there a male FO that either became a female FO or was a crossdresser... I think he/she was a PHL based 73 guy/gal???

Dear 410dude,

(Sigh) You have LESS than a 1000 hours, you are sitting right seat in a CRJ, and you are complaining about someone going to an MD80 operator that doesn't pay "industry standard", because you feel it will hurt your chances for a seat at the majors? WHY?

While we all realize this guy is an idiot(410 somethin).........I got to say anyone one of you who even remotely responds in anger or responds at all for that matter is.........well an idiot. Pretty funny to see him string everyone along on these boards. I'm getting a kick out of it. ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back