• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant bennies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also want to add that if you fall in love with a base and set up roots there, you may be waiting quite a while if you want to stay at that base as a captain. Virtually all of our growth is due to opening new bases. If you're single and have no ties to a particular area, then no problem. But there are many FOs who are bypassing upgrade for QOL.

Good point....now if I could only find someone willing to overpay for a house I might be able to enjoy some of that "home every night" QOL I keep hearing about. "This says the guy that bought a house 1 month before accepting an upgrade...doh!"

Still no luck

Tried the other address and got this:

This is the mail system at host mail.allegiantair.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<[email protected]>: host internalmail.allegiantair.com[10.10.1.75]
said: 550 [email protected]... No such user (in reply to RCPT TO
command)

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Another wait would likely be FLL, where most of the current FO's are locals and pretty well entrenched until there is some growth in that market or they can upgrade.

A friend of mine said the most junior FO in FLL is in the bottom ten of the seniority list and First Officers are getting TDY'd down there. Is this true? If so are they increasing FLL flying?

A friend of mine said the most junior FO in FLL is in the bottom ten of the seniority list and First Officers are getting TDY'd down there. Is this true? If so are they increasing FLL flying?

Junior FLL FO is 10/08, next most junior FO is 11/07. It does look like they have added several FO slots into FLL since I last looked. CA's were being used to cover reserve in both seats and the right seat was staffed with that in mind! Maybe that has not been working out as well as planned.

I don't think there has been an increase in FLL flying. There has been an increase in utilization for the FLL crews working out of MIA, thus the need for additional crews.

Hi!

As of today (29May2009) Allegient is NOT hiring pilots, so maybe that is why the emails did not work.

cliff
NBO

Sadly, first year crap pay at Allegiant is higher than....
American ($6/hr)
Continental ($10/hr)
United ($9/hr)
US Air ($2/hr)

You forgot Delta ($11 higher than Allegiant)

As far as second year pay per flight hour (assuming the lowest paid airplane in each respective fleet)

American $22 more
Delta $19 more
Continental $4 more
United $1 less
USAir $8 more

I didn't forget anything as I was making a point. Showing Delta wouldn't have made sense.

However, you'll notice that United is still lower on 2nd year pay.

I'm not defending Allegiant rates at all. I'm simply pointing out that the disparity isn't what most think it is.

I didn't forget anything as I was making a point. Showing Delta wouldn't have made sense.

However, you'll notice that United is still lower on 2nd year pay.

I'm not defending Allegiant rates at all. I'm simply pointing out that the disparity isn't what most think it is.

It is when you take into account the 'work rules.'

Latest resources

Back