• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Base Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone one no what would be considered "competitive" times these days. Im a regional FO no 121 PIC just wondering if they look at guys like me. Also, for anyone conming from an RJ, is it a tough transition? Thanks!

Looking at a cross section of my newhire class, I would guess 5,000 TT as an average. A fairly diverse cross section of experience! As I recall, RJ FO without 121 PIC was fairly well represented. I could be included in that group, though I did have some 135 PIC time! Transition from the RJ to the 80 was a positive experience for me, if not a bit like stepping back in time.

Anyone one no what would be considered "competitive" times these days. Im a regional FO no 121 PIC just wondering if they look at guys like me. Also, for anyone conming from an RJ, is it a tough transition? Thanks!

It's definitely possible, but you need to convince them you really want the job. I got hired with around 3050TT, and no PIC turbine. I was the only FO in my new hire class. The others were RJ CA's, 121 tprop CA's, corp jet CA's, and a couple freight tprop CA's.
I also had experience on 3 kinds of jets, and 2 turboprops, so that might have helped. Plus I brought 5 internal letters of recommendation, and one external from my chief pilot.

They really want to know that you want to stay at Allegiant and you should be able to convince them of that in the interview. They don't want people using it as a stepping stone, understandably.
I told them that I used to live in Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Florida, so I like most of the bases.
I also told them that Allegiant began non-stop service from LAS to my home town on May 13th, 2007, so I could visit my family whenever I want. I think that giving specifics really helped convince them that I wanted to work there. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back