Allegiant Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SkySpray

Well, it's not a major, but they fly MD-80's so I figured I'd post it here vs. the regionals area.

Anyone have any information about this company? # of pilots? Are they hiring? Interview process? Minimums? Thanks!

AAY info

Sky:

The senority list stands at 140 pilots. I can't say if they are still hiring but have heard no more classes until mid-year. That means they may call a class tomorrow. Fairly easy board interview without a sim check. Not sure about the mins., but jet time / 121 time / you live in Vegas, a big plus.

Good luck.

KingAirer said:
2nd year FO on the MD80 at AA makes the same as a 2nd year Capt onthe 80 at allegiant.

And your point is? Last time I checked, AA is a well established company and AAY is not. 20+ airplanes vs ????

Let's see where things are in a few years. I think AAY made a nice profit last year and I don't think AA did. AAY pay rates are on the rise while AA's rates are probably still on the decline.

Try comparing apples to apples next time.

Last edited:
I use to work for Allegiant and I really enjoyed it while I was there. The upgrade time is pretty quick. If you live in Vegas or Florida (Orlando, Dayton area) you will be home almost every night. They have their problems just like everywhere else but they are managed very well and I think they will continue to be profitable. It's not the most commuter friendly airline in the world so I would take that into consideration. That might be changing though as they continue to grow.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back