• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

allegiant air J/S

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you work for Allegiant, isn't he your president too?

Yes, he is and he's done a good job. But realistically, he was only elected because the only two candidates for president both withdrew from the election 2 weeks before the vote and the other candidate who stepped up was a picket line-crosser.

Could you imagine if we had voted in a picket line-crosser as the president of our negotiating body? What a mess that would have been.

The current president has done a good job and I support many of his decisions, but not the one to negotiate a TA that is so mediocre that it's only good enough to bust the union drive.

Last edited:
Yes, he is and he's done a good job. But realistically, he was only elected because the only two candidates for president both withdrew from the election 2 weeks before the vote and the other candidate who stepped up was a picket line-crosser.

Could you imagine if we had voted in a picket line-crosser as the president of our negotiating body? What a mess that would have been.

The current president has done a good job and I support many of his decisions, but not the one to negotiate a TA that is so mediocre that it's only good enough to bust the union drive.

Using the term "Busting a union drive" is being thrown around way to much lately. If you don't think the union drive will be successful, well that's one thing. Just call it what it is. The only thing that will determine whether or not we have a union are votes. If you are not sure about it don't blame it on Management, blame it on lack of interest.

There are plenty of people that don't want ALPA and there are good reasons. Each person may have a different experience for why they are voting. One reason I am turned off by the OC is the bitterness towards the company. It seems that the level bitterness increases as the company succeeds and our pay increases. Even before the pay increase came out, the OC didn't have the votes to get ALPA here and now you have something to blame it on.

Actually, I think you could blame the potential failure of the union drive on the person in charge of the union drive. In my opinion, he has done a good job in trying to divide the group, and put a wedge between the strong ALPA supporters, and those who are on the fence.

Man am I a dumba$$ for taking a class date at NetJets and turning down a class with AAY back in 07. About $600,000 worth of a dumba$$ considering I'll probably be on the street for at least 5 years here with NJA. I live in an AAY base as well. I get to be home every day now too though. Unfortunately, it's because I'm unemployed. Aviation sucks.

Last edited:
Man am I a dumba$$ for taking a class date at NetJets and turning down a class with AAY back in 07. About $600,000 worth of a dumba$$ considering I'll probably be on the street for at least 5 years here with NJA. I live in an AAY base as well. I get to be home every day now too though. Unfortunately, it's because I'm unemployed. Aviation sucks.

I wouldn't kick yourself too much over it as you made the best decision you could at the time. For all we know Allegiant will merge sometime in the future and all the pilots will be out on the street or stapled to some other airline regardless of if the place is profitable or not. Midwest was a booming successful airline once upon a time. When you made your choice in 2007 Allegiant probably had under 30 airplanes and captain pay topped out at $108 per hour after 10 years. FO pay topped out at $56 per hour after 4 years. Something better than Allegiant may be waiting for you around the corner.

Actually, I think you could blame the potential failure of the union drive on the person in charge of the union drive. In my opinion, he has done a good job in trying to divide the group, and put a wedge between the strong ALPA supporters, and those who are on the fence.

At least this person had the balls to actually do something. At great personal sacrifice I will add.

I will also add there is no one "person in charge of the union drive".. Last I checked 10% of AAY pilots are on the OC..

Some stepped down some stepped up.... Regardless it still sits at 10% and I highly doubt that the others would let 1 person "kill the drive".

A friend of mine. who works there, once told me that if Allegiant ever unionized the owner would sell the place. Is this still said?

A friend of mine. who works there, once told me that if Allegiant ever unionized the owner would sell the place. Is this still said?

I've only been here 4 years and I've never heard it. He has said that he will retire when he stops having fun. Is there a correlation between the two?

Well, being that it is a public company, there is no "owner". The President/CEO (the largest shareholder) could, however, cash in his chips and walk away.

Latest resources

Back