Allegiant Air Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yank McCobb said:
He's positioning himself for one of those choice $67/hr MD-80 Captain jobs as opposed to one of those choice $67/hr RJ Captain jobs.

What an idiot.

5 yr CMR CA - 68/hr
5 yr Allegiant CA - 85/hr

10 yr CMR CA - 79/hr
10 yr Allegiant CA - 100/hr

Seems like a pretty good improvement to me. Congrats chperplt. Always nice to see someone find a job near home.

Remember those words the next time you throw stones at people for where they work and the contract they work under.

(WOW...a 10/yr Captain making $100/hr. Keep in mind you think this is justified the next time you are bashing on Mesa, CHQ, and whoever else is the stepchild da jour.)

Just pointing out the hypocricy that is so rampant among the other company bashing, jumpseat denying, gonna change the world, regional pilots.

GROW UP, CHILDREN.

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Chper,

Hey, weren't you at Comair? What happened? I see the Allegiant Air MD80s at LAS all the time. Good for you. Which base will you get and what type of flying is out of each base? I guess Reno and Laughlin are mainly charter bases?

Bye Bye--General Lee

I must be in a pi$$y mood or something...

General Lee: Please enlighten me...I'm confused because it seems that on one hand you congratulate Chper for working at Allegiant (140+ seats for $100/hr) and on the other bash SkyWest pilots for flying a 70 seater (now 66) for $93/hr. What say you?

I too will congratulate Chper. Nothing like being based in your hometown.

Cheers!

GP

GuppyPuppy said:
I must be in a pi$$y mood or something...

General Lee: Please enlighten me...I'm confused because it seems that on one hand you congratulate Chper for working at Allegiant (140+ seats for $100/hr) and on the other bash SkyWest pilots for flying a 70 seater (now 66) for $93/hr. What say you?

I too will congratulate Chper. Nothing like being based in your hometown.

Cheers!

GP

I guess you get more respect once you leave the "RJ's". JK. Good luck chper.

Yank McCobb said:
Remember those words the next time you throw stones at people for where they work and the contract they work under.

(WOW...a 10/yr Captain making $100/hr. Keep in mind you think this is justified the next time you are bashing on Mesa, CHQ, and whoever else is the stepchild da jour.)

Just pointing out the hypocricy that is so rampant among the other company bashing, jumpseat denying, gonna change the world, regional pilots.

GROW UP, CHILDREN.

Yeah, because a pilot from a Major airline would never say something like that.
extreme sarcasm

Yank McCobb said:

The comparison just doesn't work. Allegiant is a relatively small airline still in it's early growth stages, much like JetBlue. As the airline matures and stabilizes the pilots will have the opportunity to advance in pay and benefits. Expecting an 8 year old airline with a small fleet to be paying Southwest wages is just ridiculous. If chperplt is still making 100/hr in 10 years as an Allegiant Captain, then you'll hear me complain. Until then, I wish all the luck in the world to everyone at Allegiant.

Add $5 an hour to the AAY numbers startin 8/1/05

PCL_128 said:
What an idiot.

5 yr CMR CA - 68/hr
5 yr Allegiant CA - 85/hr

10 yr CMR CA - 79/hr
10 yr Allegiant CA - 100/hr

Seems like a pretty good improvement to me. Congrats chperplt. Always nice to see someone find a job near home.

5 yr AAY Captain - $90

I go to $80 an hr starting in August.

Not proud of the pay scale, but the politics are different. At Allegiant:

-there is no commutter airline to deal with
-there has been no merger or seniority list integrated
-the upgrade and the pay will go up faster than the best regional out there, though not by much.

Very well said!

FurloughedAgain said:
He's positioning himself to commute by CAR.

What you NON-furloughed major airline folks seem to forget is that the game has CHANGED for the rest of us.

The furloughed guys realize that they're not likely to go back to the airlines they were furloughed from (at least for a long, long time)

The "regional" guys realize that they're not likely to get hired by a major (at least for a long, long time)

So what guys like Chperplt are doing is setting themselves up for a lifestyle improvement -- even if it's lateral in terms of earnings. He's going to be home in his own bed most nights. No more commute.

Thats priceless.

(I feel strongly about it because I made almost the same decision!)

It most likely will be better than a lateral move as the upgade and pay will increse a better rate. We are still tweeking the work rules, but have made some good progress with a lot more do.

I flew out of DEN for AAY for over 2 years and was talking to an F9 senior Captain about the pay and work rules at AAY and our efforts to improve things. He mentioned how he had made $60K as a second year Captain at F9 about 5 years ago. So now he is doing about $120K.

I made $100k as an MD80 F/O just before AA furloughed me after they saved me. I was making about $80K at TWA before that as an F/O.

My flying was replace by the RJ and turbo prop out of STL by the AX or by an F/O hired at AA after my hire date at TWA. I'm not trying to be political, but at Allegiant I don't have to deal with those political issues.

One note from the RJ crash that went to FL410, the article stated how that regional had grown by over 400% in a few years and how in the year 2000 there were a few hundred RJs and now there are about 2500. You can bring up PFT, being replaced by the RJ (and your worker replacements know who you are), or the RJDefense group, etc., or whatever other cause you want. However, AAY has issues, but not those mentioned. CHRPLT has made a choice to drive to work, upgrade in about 1 year and cut the ties to a major that will most likely go in to BK within a year. A fresh start, taking a risk, but home for dinner every night. If you commute, it sucks!

All others may kiss my Trans World Twin Globes.....furloughed AA$$...I mean AAY MD80 flying culo!!!

Peace

Jeff may be a little upset, but I'm sure it's because there is no Publix sandwiches in Baltimore that he loves so much.......j/k. Just a thought from an AAY FO when paired with Jeff! Later all.

and don't forget the mustard!!!

deceptibum said:
Jeff may be a little upset, but I'm sure it's because there is no Publix sandwiches in Baltimore that he loves so much.......j/k. Just a thought from an AAY FO when paired with Jeff! Later all.

Hey, I'm in my happy place; just a few other points of view.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back