Allegiant Air Hiring RJ Drivers NOW!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chperplt said:
Anyone know what Airtran (Valujet) paid when they 1st started out? Allegiant air is in it's infancy with regard to scheduled service. Pay is absolutely sub standard right now, but you have to understand the big picture and realize things will change.

Going strictly from memory, AirTran pay rates in '98 when I was hired:

1st yr F/O was 25K/yr salary with a premium for working a day off
2nd year (F/O) was $39/hr
3yd year (F/O) was $42/hr
4th yr (capt) was $70/hr
5th year (capt) was $84/hr
6th year (capt) was $92/hr
7th year (capt) was $103/hr
8th year (capt) was $106/hr.

Wasn't pay for training but required to sign a 24month, $12,000 training contract which wasn't worth the paper it was written on. The contract read like the FAR's.

Well, I got the good news today! Much thanks to Capt. Helgeson, Chperplt, and all others for your help and advice. Looks like I'm MD-80 bound at a date TBA. Chper, looks like we might be lighting the menorah together this December!

And best of all, Adios Mesa.... Thanks for the mammories..... er memories....:D

I am currently a MD 88 f/o at Delta and I am worried about being furloughed in the near future.(I only have 169 active pilots below be) I have over 7500 tt with over 5000 jet and over 1000 turbo prop. I have around 1500 in MD 88 and 1000 hours pic jet (CL 65) "RJ". Will this get me anywhere at Allegiant? Is being furloughed from Delta going to hurt my chances? Where are their pilot bases? What is their starting pay? How long for upgrade? Do you have to pay for training or sign a contract? Do they make you resign your senority number from your former airline before they will hire you? I looked at their web site and did not see any openings for pilots, are they currently hiring pilots and if so how do I apply. If anyone can help me with some of my questions I would be very greatful.

Thanks
Jeff Morgan

Jeff,

Your qualifications certainly meet what we are looking for. I do not know about the resigning your seniority at Delta. I believe the comments made by management is that they have no way to check if you have resigned. I will tell you they are shy about hiring furloughees. We got burned a couple of times with guys getting hired, trained, even up to their type ride and then take their recall. If you get called in for an interview, you will have to sell hard on you're not going back. Our skeds are NOT commuter friendly either, it would be a good idea to want to move to LAS or SFB.

On another note, is Delta planning on parking the 80's and 90's anytime soon?

Brian

Whiskerbizkit said:
Whats QOL, Benifits, reserve call time out?

QOL is excellent--->if you live in base. Mostly out and back day trips, we only have 1 ron on the sked right now in PIA, 4 times a week, with 2 of them as 36 hr layovers. Sked's range from 3 on 4 off (LAN redeyes) to 2 on 2 off, 3 on 1 off kind of stuff. Most hard lines are 13-17 days off. Reserves is 1 hour call out. Standard benifits package, Aetna health, 401k, etc.
The company and crew sked is very user friendly, we get pretty good support from the CP and DO. Most everyone here is quite happy. This will probably be my 'last' airline, the industry gods willing.
Brian

Whiskerbizkit said:
Whats QOL, Benifits, reserve call time out?

They stress that commuting is difficult because 99% of the flying is day trips. If you live in Orlando or Vegas, QOL is good (home every night).

I was told reserve time call out is 1 hour, but generally one will only be on reserve until the next new hire class finishes. (Lately, this has been frequent)

QOL is great if you live in domicile. I've only been called out from reserve once this month and I had about 26 hours notice. The min callout time is 1 hour.

Benefits are typical for a small company. Medical, dental, vision... all the normal stuff.

Latest resources

Back