Allegiant Air Hiring RJ Drivers NOW!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chperplt said:
Yea, I warned them about that guy.... They didn't listen and hired him anyway. Hopefully he doesn't finish IOE and get off low time pilot status on the same day..:D

Do they have any openings for.................cowboys?

Well, I like to think we hire "professionals".

The military trusts "low-time" pilots to haul nuclear weapons around at very high speeds, not too many of them falling out of the sky, even around Vegas. But then they have a professoinal attitude towards their jobs.

Flying a maddog doesn't require you to be superman, I think it's easier to fly than the Saab, BUT, it's very complex and the automation is left over from the stone-age. RJ pilots can cope with the speed just fine, the confusion of having to push 5 different buttons in the right sequence just to make a descent is what usually gets you. That and the manual operation of nearly every single system and no 5 tube EFIS! TP drivers cope just fine with the systems and operation because they are used to very complex a/c with little automation, they just need to adjust to the speed. The Saab had better automation in many respects than the MD has, and keeping track of the MD automation generates even more workload. If you are a low-time RJ "cowboy" like many of the punks posting here, the MD sim will eat you for breakfast and be looking for a snack shortly afterwards...

Our CP has been hiring pilots for 20+ years, he probably knows how to spot a cowboy vs. someone with a good attitude. Total Time and ratings are not everything. The new-hires I've flown with here have all been very professional, and I think the quality has done nothing but gone up.

Brian

SkyBoy1981 said:
AirTran only took off once they were bought by Valujet. God knows where they would be now if it weren't for that.
...and Allegiant is owned by the same man that started Valujet...

...things that make you go...HMMMMMM...

AirBP said:
...and Allegiant is owned by the same man that started Valujet...

...things that make you go...HMMMMMM...

I know that man, and it doesn't make me go HMMMMMM, it makes me go "GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THERE". That guy has ruined every place he has ever been. NPA/West Air/ValuJet. Allegiant will be no different.

"ValuJet" became the airline it is today, "Air Tran", well after this man left (was forced out after his...and the others'....shares were margin called) and an entire new management team was brought in.

The Air Tran of today is by no means in any way connected to the ValuJet of
M.G.'s day. THAT should make YOU go HMMMMMMM.

BRA said:
Do they have any openings for.................cowboys?

BRA, now you have 2 subjects (jobs) to be satirical about, what are you gonna do (coming from the first cowboy, according to Jeb).

Yank McCobb said:
The Air Tran of today is by no means in any way connected to the ValuJet of
M.G.'s day. THAT should make YOU go HMMMMMMM.

I can tell you that this airline is his sole obsession. Having flown him in his Falcon, this is about all he talks about and works on. As long as M.G is the only one and he does not bring in R.B to the mix, the pilots will fair well. M.G. is a pretty savvy business man who wants nothing more than for the airline to succeed. He also does not have this typical "pilots are scum" attitude. He always treated us well.

That could be. And to tell you the truth, the more I think about it, the more the other principals from the old ValuJet days probably had more to do with the way things went than he did.

At any rate, good luck to all. I know some of the guys over there and all are really good guys.

Bra-

Some more "clown" outfits that have hired without jet pic. Ual, Dal, Amr, AAA, Cathay Pacific, AWA, NWA, CAL, Emirates, and just about every foreign airline flying around in 747's, 777's, A-340's etc. Also, as someone stated, I don't think the guys flying around in modern day fighters/bombers had pic when they were hired by the US government.

Latest resources

Back