• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegheny Expansion and hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We didn't purchase ALG (US Airways owned all 3 or 4 if you want PSA/ALG/PDT/MidAtlantic) we just basically took over there operation. PDT merged the pilot and FA Groups straight date of Hire.

And now we have proceeded to go from about 110 Dash 8's to about 44 in a short 6 years.

So do you see a trend here?

US Airways decided in 2004 that they only wanted one East Coast Dash8 operator. Kinda made sense, why use 2 companies with 2 sets of overhead to do the same thing? ALG had the better contract and more employee-friendly mngmnt (doubt anyone from either company would argue) so naturally ALG had to go, and was merged into PDT. A whole lot of what was ALG flying (and profitable flying at that) was farmed out to Colgan, not only slapping Airway's wholly-owned employees in the face, repeatedly, but giving dollars to an outside company that could have stayed in house.

I miss ALG. Good times. Great people.

Q.

PS: Hey Surf, at least you got real meat in your crew meals....

Last edited:
Allegheny/Piedmont

Allegheny was merged into Piedmont back in '05. Since then the combined fleet of about 110 Dash 8 100/200/300s was been reduced to about 45 Dash 100s & 300s (all of the 200s are gone). The current plan is to further reduce the fleet by 11 a/c by the end of '09. Hard to say what the future holds beyond that, although the current trend isn't good.

No, we have 51 planes soon to be reduced by 7 more in the fall.

I stand corrected. The numbers I qouted were told to me recently, but since I now live on the fringes instead of in the center of things, I didn't ask for any other info. Thanks.

Pardon my ignorance, but where is the site that has hiring info/mins?

Latest resources

Back