• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All HAIL King Spanjers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dunno...maybe the proletariat will overthrow the bourgeoise and sieze the factors of production; ushering in the workingman's paradise.

Just something I read somewhere...nifty thought.

Cheers

Pet peeve of mine, but: http://m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=bourgeoisie The bourgeoisie is the middle class, not the upper class. Don't let the fancy French name confuse you. Having the working class upend the middle class doesn't do much in the grand scheme of the social hierarchy. I think you're suggesting the proles overturn the patrician class.

Dude...I was just talkin' smack. I took history of communism in college. Its actually a very good idea...it will never work because human nature violates the tennants of communism in furtherance of its own greed.

Something to put in your pipe and smoke for sure though.

I honestly do not think XJ management could have
handled this any worse.

I agree completely... Are XJers finally at the realization that XJ cannot continue in long term with the current management in place... Something has to change, and I don't think a replacement of the entire staff is the proper solution.

XJ Management is building some fine looking palaces for them to hang out in, and expecting all us peasants to serve them. Sounds like another dictatorship that failed it's people miserably.

I hope you guys actually do show what xj pilots are made of. When is the union going to petition the creditors committee to oust these azz clowns? We all voted on a no confidence petition, when are they going to start head hunting the real jack nuts in this company? It's time to stop being reactive to managements assault, and start waging a pro-active offensive. Make it clear that no matter what the judge rules, the pilots will not return to work under imposed terms. Resignations or strike, the planes will not leave the ground. Management has been picking a fight, why not give them a real one. Real fights are never fought fair, there fought to win.

-Spartacus

"Something has to change, and I don't think a replacement of the entire staff is the proper solution"

True. If a new management team came in to replace Spanjers and his cronies, it would be another "leader" handpicked from NWA. It would be
someone that NWA could control and pull his strings.

"XJ Management is building some fine looking palaces for them to hang out in, and expecting all us peasants to serve them."

OK, this is where I disagree a little. You see, WE built the fine looking palaces and WE built this place into the cash cow that it became. That is why it is
infuriating to see these clowns move in to a very good situation and destroy it with inept decisions, such as blowing money on Big Sky, World Com stock, Paul Foley, dumping 122.5 million into MAIR which was basically down the toilet since they have provided us with NOTHING in return, lawyers, consultants and advisers. They have squandered this airline's fortunes down to nothing.

When this team came in to run Mesaba several years ago, the stock price
was over 30.00 a share and did a 3 for 2 split to around 21.00 a share.
We also had over 850 flights at that time. Since then, the fleet has dwindled considerably, the number of flights have dwindled considerably, and the stock has dwindled considerably (down to 5.50.) There has been no good news
since they got here.

Now they want to cut our pay considerably on top of that. If they hadn't run this company so poorly, none of this should have happened. They like to point out that "poor Mesaba is losing 1 million a week." Yeah, and they just spent 10.6 million on their lawyers, consultants and advisers, too. None of that money should have been spent if they would have managed this
company properly.

So yeah, THAT'S why the employees want to burn this place down. We built it, so I think it's only fair.

What about the idea that since NWA is the entity actually running things, that the king is the one who wants to burn the place down so he can open up a newer, cheaper castle? Maybe he just wants to "enflame" the peasants to light the match?

No kidding. It's time to take off the gloves and get this over with, one way or another. As for those that are affraid NWA will replace Spanjiers, what kind of message does that send? Why vote in the November elections if your unsure of what might happen with change? You reward those that do good, and punish those that do not. It's just that simple. Spanjiers is an idiot and needs to be unemployed. Why let him destroy a company that you've worked so hard to build just because your not sure about his replacement. Worry about that when it's an issue. Until then, fight the good fight.

-Spartacus

Latest resources

Back