All HAIL King Spanjers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XJohXJ

OK, now I finally understand why Mesaba management acts as they do. I forgot that we are all living in a Feudal Monarchy. Wow, I hope Labor wont all be hung for being a bunch of uppity peasants!

From today's Minneapolis Star Tribune:

"This court must act to prevent the villagers from burning down the castle," Mesaba attorney Tim Thornton said.

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/748651.html

After all, if they are royalty, they are direct descendents of Deities, right? I guess they must know better than anyone else. I sure hope the judge understands that peasants are just silly and ignorant, and moneyed authority knows best.

Sometimes the castle needs to be burned.... I mean really, we could go back to high school english classes or even history to figure out people at the top sometimes need to be beheaded.

As a fellow villager and lowly denizen, I'm ready to do more than just burn this rat infested village down. Me say mob up at the castle walls, grab sir king and all his tight wearing lute playing court. Then I sayeth "Draw and quarter!"

We shall then parade about with the rotting coprses of royalty while imbibing vast quanities of mead.

Unfortunately 226 of the villagers have been thrown in to exile and are unable to have an effect on the outcome. :angryfire :uzi:

I dunno...maybe the proletariat will overthrow the bourgeoise and sieze the factors of production; ushering in the workingman's paradise.

Just something I read somewhere...nifty thought.

Cheers

Alright, so I read the article twice and I don't see when Kishel is going to issue his ruling...

Not until Monday now. I would guess he's pushing in back in hopes that an agreement will be reached by then (yeah right), so he doesn't have to rule.

A few things.....I think management grossly underestimated the resolve of the workers from the very beginning. They talked tough and said things like, "We can find plenty of people willing to work for the reduced wages." They have found out this is untrue. They have said things like, "If they do not like it, they can leave." And the workers have......

Wait a minute. If they think there are plenty of people out there willing to work for their crappy wages, and if they want to see if people will leave or not, then why not let the unions be allowed to do whatever they want?

Because they know the peasants are just waiting for the chance to burn this place down. Damage control should have been done a long, long time ago, but instead this thing has gone on far too long and has gotten way out of
control. Management has completely botched this up, from the very beginning.

I honestly think Spanjers/Foley/Pohlad thought the Mesaba employees would
cave in, just like all the other airlines up until now. They thought they could
strongarm everyone into taking whatever they wanted and the unions would balk a little while, but they could eventually force them into an extremely
profitable deal for management.

Guess what -- it's not happening. Not here. Management might have the
power to dictate how much money they are paying out for their job,
but the employees DO HAVE the right to decide if that is acceptable or not.
You do not have the right to force ANYONE to work for whatever you
are paying them. You will soon realize, if you still haven't by now, that your
wages are unacceptable and the peasants WILL burn down your castle as
soon as they can. I honestly do not think XJ management could have
handled this any worse.

Come to think of it I thought I saw jingle pants at the Renaissance Festival this year dressed up as King Dick.

Latest resources

Back