• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All Flex (One Sky) Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The math just doesn’t add up. NJASAP, SWAPA, CAPA, APA and rumor has it ALPA have all voiced their support for OneSky’s Local IBT 1108. That’s somewhere north of 40,000 professional pilots. All of which are benefitting from solidarity and Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA’s).
Yet this Woelke character and his band of (maybe 10 or 12) misfits seem to know more about what it takes to deal with and negotiate with a management team that is hell bent on removing the union.
It’s a sad day for the aviation profession when pilot’s themselves take on the role of Union Busters.

http://oscrewlounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/IncompetentUnion.mp4?_=1

Reluctantly, Swapa’s letter convinced me to vote in favor of the IBT. I refuse to screw my fellow pilots reputation in the industry.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Jumpseats are based on being a CASS participant.

Being enrolled in CASS will get you past the gate agent. The Captain is who decides whether you will ride or not. The Continental scabs aren’t getting many (if any) Jumpseat’s. Especially if the Captain has his scab list with him.

April 19, 2018

To All Flight Options & Flexjet Pilots:

On behalf of the 15,000 American Airlines pilots represented by the Allied Pilots Association (APA), I am writing to express our strong support for International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 1108 and the representation services it provides to the pilots of Flight Options and Flexjet.

If successful, the current campaign to decertify Local 1108 could have far-reaching implications for all professional pilots. In the early days of scheduled air service in the United States, our
predecessors concluded that they needed protections against predatory owners and managers, which gave rise to collective bargaining in the airline industry. While much has clearly changed during the past 80-plus years, the need for a robust safety culture remains the same. Many of the issues that demand our time and attention today – overly aggressive scheduling, pilot pushing, and other unsafe practices - closely resemble the problems that pilots were dealing with back in the 1930s.

Supporters of the decertification campaign against Local 1108 include some of our country's most notoriously anti-union organizations, including the Center for Independent Employees. Why are they involved? Because airline owners and managers don't like collective bargaining and the
limitations that it places upon them. Organizations like Local 1108 prevent operators from doing
whatever they want, whenever they want, and provide their members with valuable protections.

If successful, the decertification campaign can only accelerate the ever-present downward pressure on wages and benefits that we all face, and it will threaten the robust safety culture that we all depend on.

For the reasons I have outlined, I hope you will join me in concluding that the only correct answer here is to say “no thank you” to decertification. I believe you will be glad you did.

Thank you for considering my views.

Fraternally,

Captain Daniel F. Carey
President

Except that asking about union affiliation during a job interview is an illegal question. Generation of scab equivalents? Not even close. You won’t get denied a jumpseat because of the way you voted in a decert vote. Even GoJet guys don’t have any problems jumpseating these days. SkyWest is non-union and nobody in the 121 world gives a crap. Will the vote be big within OneSky? Absolutely, but it’s not going to prevent people from getting hired elsewhere if they vote for the decert. That’s just nonsense.

I'm not sure I agree. Skywest has never had a union, and they keep their pay fairly high so they do not have a negative impact on the industry as a whole. It'll be a different story if/when a company kicks out a union. It'll be the first time it has happened in the history of the industry. Others have switched unions, but nobody has straight up gone to no representation. It's not going get us a round of free drinks at the bar. Lets say I go to southwest interview and a union rep is there on the panel, could he/she be prejudiced against me just because I'm from Flexjet and we voted out a union?

ChicLittleA.jpgNow who's acting like "Chicken Little"?

I'm not sure I agree. Skywest has never had a union, and they keep their pay fairly high so they do not have a negative impact on the industry as a whole. It'll be a different story if/when a company kicks out a union. It'll be the first time it has happened in the history of the industry. Others have switched unions, but nobody has straight up gone to no representation. It's not going get us a round of free drinks at the bar. Lets say I go to southwest interview and a union rep is there on the panel, could he/she be prejudiced against me just because I'm from Flexjet and we voted out a union?

no they can't ask those questions at an interview.
but if you guys vote to decertify you won't even be offered an interview.

Latest resources

Back