• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All ATP's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think they've gotten too expensive in the last couple of years for the amount of real flying time you get. Let's crack some numbers here. Also, consider that ground instruction at ATP is very minimal b/c they send you everything you're supposed to know 3 weeks in advance so you teach it to yourself.

O.K. for the CFI program you can pay $5995 plus up to $1350 for your check rides if you have the 8 hrs multi PIC. You get up to 7 hrs multi and 5 hours single for that price so 60% of the cost goes to multi and 40% goes to single.
$5995 + $1350 = $7345
60% of that is $4407 / 7 hours multi breaks down to $630 per hour
40% of that is $2938 / 5 hours single breaks down to $587 per hour

Now, if you don't have the 8 hrs PIC multi then you have to do the other course to get the time and that's $6995 + $1350 for check rides = $8345
That gives you up to 15 hours multi and 5 hours single
75% of that is $6259 / 15 hours multi = $417 per hour
25% of that is $2086 / 5 hours of single = $417 per hour.

So on average you're paying $523 per hour for multi and $502 per hour for single! The time that it takes to complete the checkride is part of the PIC time they alot for you so that's why I included it into the cost.

Dangerkitty said:
Why does everyone call them ALL ATP's when that is not there name? It is just ATP, which stands for Airline Transport Professionals. I know there phone number is 1-800-ALL-ATPS and their website is www.allstps.com but that is not there name. That is not what they go by.

Sorry for the comment but this has always bugged me.

Everyone says ALL ATPs probably also so people don't read the thread and think they're talking about an ATP cert. instead of the program. Makes perfect sense to me.

Got my MEL at ATP. Definately not a guaranteed pass, one MEL and one ATP candidate both failed right before my ride. The ATP guy had a 737 FO job in another country waiting for him. He was a US citizen. I believe he took too long to get the feathering done and didnt fly the ILS down to the 1,000 markers. Examiner wants to see the needles crossed at touchdown. The MEL guy didnt know his ground and never made it pass the oral portion.

If you can, fidn a location with the seminole sim. which is a Frasca. The newer ones have CRT gauges. Unlimited time in the sim will help you prepare.

Another thing about the ATP planes is that they come and go, so you may be there for 2 or 3 days and not fly thesame plane twice. This could be a problem as they all sem to handle a little differently. Try to schedule all you training and checkride in the same seminole. Also, knowthe 430 enough so that you can esexcute approaches. You can download a free version ofthe garmin 430 simulator onto your cpu. Play with it at home before using it in the aircraft.

Finished my multi @ RAL. I took the ten hour program. The mechanics on the planes know what they are doing, so one can fly without wondering about when the engine will fail, for real, again.

Did my MEI at the VNY location. The previous 10 hours in type helped. On the checkride, the DPE asked me one question. Ho. Ho. Ho. $500 for one question! The DPE still wonders why I don't send any students to him.

Short, sweet, and to the point for the ATP courses. If you want to get the ratings over with, ATPs is the place.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Dangerkitty said:
Why does everyone call them ALL ATP's when that is not there name? It is just ATP, which stands for Airline Transport Professionals. I know there phone number is 1-800-ALL-ATPS and their website is www.allstps.com but that is not there name. That is not what they go by.

Sorry for the comment but this has always bugged me.

It WAS ALL Atps when they started - that's why their website and phone number is what it is.

I thought that their number and website were ALL ATPs to signify that if you called or went to that website, you would be getting information about ALL the ATP flight school locations in the nation and the way they all work instead of calling just one particular location. Thats just what seemed to make sense to me.

CL600Pilot said:
It WAS ALL Atps when they started - that's why their website and phone number is what it is.

SORRY, wrong answer. To set the record strait I just called them and the individual that I spoke with at ATP confirmed what I have been saying all along. It never has been nor will it ever be called ALL ATPS. It all got started when they came up with their 1-800 number. Well they wanted something catchy and something that folks would remember so they went with 1-800 ALL ATPS. Well it must have worked because for some reason people think ALL ATPS is the name of the organization when it is infact not so.

The name is ATP which stands for Airline Transport Professionals.

Dangerkitty said:
SORRY, wrong answer. To set the record strait I just called them and the individual that I spoke with at ATP confirmed what I have been saying all along. It never has been nor will it ever be called ALL ATPS. It all got started when they came up with their 1-800 number. Well they wanted something catchy and something that folks would remember so they went with 1-800 ALL ATPS. Well it must have worked because for some reason people think ALL ATPS is the name of the organization when it is infact not so.

The name is ATP which stands for Airline Transport Professionals.

Good lord, I hope someday that the name of some flight school is my biggest concern.

rtmcfi said:
Good lord, I hope someday that the name of some flight school is my biggest concern.

Like I said near the beginning of this thread. I don't know why calling them ALL ATPs bugs me so much.

It just does.

Latest resources

Back