All ATP flight school=Joke

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
av8rbama said:
I had no choice but ATP at JFX (The BHM location that's 50 miles from BHM)

I have nothing but great things to say about the operation up there... granted, I wasn't part of the career pilot program though. My instructor wasn't the checkpilot and didn't have wet ink on his certificate (I was his 1500th hour). The aircraft was brand new and when it was time for the 100hr inspection, they made sure another airplane was there so I could fly. The DPE up there is a DC-10 captain and really took me through the wringer on the checkride... he wasn't trying to fail me, just to see how well I could perform. I think it all depends on the ATP location where you get your training.

I agree. Jasper location is well run. Gordo is da man!!

George

I have a student who recently finished her Private Pilot certificate. Unfortunatly the FBO that I work at has neither a Multi-engine or a Complex aircraft. It is a real pain in the ass espically since I am CFII/MEI. She wants to continue her training and has been considering ATP in phoenix, AZ. She is 27 and already has a degree from NAU so going to a flight school for a degree is pretty much useless. I am trying to help give her some options any one know anything about the PHX base?

I steered clear of this place myself. I am getting all my ratings at a local FBO and saving about $30,000

I am paying cash for my training, not borrowing and not getting it from Mommy and Daddy so I guess I care a little more about how its spent. I know what it takes to save that kind of cash.

There are many options, other than the Academy settings. Get your moneys worth, and do your research first.

Call any of the Regional or Corporate recruiters, they will tell you what you NEED.

well i would personally rather train this student myself, but I just dont see my boss buying another couple of aircraft in the next few months. One of my students just purchased a 182 that is IFR equipped and I am working to teach her in that, but its just a real pain in the butt figuring out the best plan of action while saving her some cash.

Latest resources

Back