• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All ATP flight school=Joke

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
haha...I'm sorry FDAFCFI..I got all pi$$ed off once I saw the beginning... Somone brought up the baby CFI thing about 10 minutes before at work..and I got online with a little bit of attitude..
I am taking classes right now with Utah Velley State College for a aviation degree online, I know, I know...its useless...but it is a four year degree, and I could not sit in a school for anything else but flying... couldn't do it.. the ladies would be on my mind MUCH more the 17th Century English Literature...

I am nearing 1200 and 100.. looking for any local (BDL PVD BOS ORH...etc...) cargo places?.. Any one know of anything good? Time to be a freightdog..

Flyintim, you thought about AirNow...they're out of Burlington, VT & I hear they're usually looking for pilots. They fly the C208 and EMB110. Pretty good place to work for as I know plenty of guys have moved on to other careers...just a thought.

I have to look into them a little more in depth..when I get my IFR min's later this month I'll probably send in a resume..I know that they fit you in the Caravan for 6 months... then I believe you have the option to get into the Emb-119? (Bandirete)..Single pilot multi-turbine...hmmm.... A guy from my work went over there a year ago (with 1800/80)...and now has over 500 hours of Multi-Turbine PIC... doesn't seem like a bad gig at all... minus the freight dog deal (not to knock those guys... but I don't think the night shifts are for me right now...)

In response to the post making it seem as though younger people aren't credible and expect things to be handed to them that bothers me. Yes there are some who don't put in the time and there are others who do. I know you said some aren't bad apples and all but I just hate the stereotype that goes along with young people.

Also when I experienced the ATP program for the multi course, my instructor was gone basically two out of the three days for my training and then the fourth day was my ride. This isn't a tough ride but at the same time I wasn't overly comfortable with my instruments and to wait until the last day to even think about them just bothered me. I was told repeatedly by my instructor that he was sorry and this isn't how they do things and this was a bad week for them etc. Weirdly enough I did my training a week before the prices would increase and 4 of their instructors were on interviews that week. I think they had 3 instructors there to cover the group they had. Maybe I picked a bad week, I don't know. I just want to say that just because some of us aren't as old as you are doesn't mean that our view isn't credible or that we blow things out of proportion as I've seen on other threads as well.

To back up what was said though, I do know plenty of pilots who went to my old school that didn't like to work and lived off of Mom and Dad's money/credit card.

Also I personally would love to be a freight dog. I have a few friends who do the whole freight gig and they absolutely love it.

I tried to do my ATP there. The CFI's were unprofessional. Scheduling sucked. They kept trying to push the more expensive programs. They wouldn't fly when it was 2000OVC----for ATP training! Such a one dimensional place. I fired them before I even got into the air! (Because I spent 3 days waiting to do ATP training in 2000OVC!)

When are people going to learn that flight training has nothing to do with where you train and everything to do with who you are and how motivated you are. I've seen students at an old school I instructed at go from 0 time to CFI in a year and a half and I've seen students at the same school bitch and moan and take 3 years to get their private, the whole time they blame the CFIs, the planes, the WX and anything else they can think of. People these days want everything for free.

And to the person who started this post - you say your friend got an 86 on the written test - that's a crap score for any test where you already have all the questions and answers.

The world if full of people who lack any kind of personal accountability.

scarlet said:
ATP has a phone interview with private pilots to come to their AIRLINE CAREER PILOt PROGRAM....

A guy doing the interview the other day, ask for definition of lift, my friend stated the definition, the interviewer told him it was incorrect, (Low pressure on top high on the bottom of wing) The ATP guy laughed at him on the phone.-- that is very unprofessional!!

I would recommend ATP to no - one!!!! They wanted him to pay 5,000.00 for a refresher course, and this friend just got his private last month and received a 86 on his written, so come on guys get a break....I will tell everyone not to receive training from you guys!!!!

Should be getting a 95% or better. I'd give 5% margine of error for selecting the wrong answer accidently.

172driver said:
My experience at AllATPs a couple of weeks ago was horrible. Most disorganized, unprofessional training I have ever seen. I went there to get my ATP, expecting a structured program, assuming because of their name that they had done this before.

Airplane was in disrepair, CFI's inexperienced, both were gone when they were supposed to be there for me. No charts, no gouge, no way to deice the planes, and on and on. I ended up getting much less training time than what I paid for because of their disorganization. Should've gone to the local FBO and saved some $$$. Thought I was paying for a structured program and got the opposite.

Just curious, which location did you go to?

I'm looking at getting my ATP and weighing my options.

One can't overgeneralize, either. I've flown with 'rich kids' who
were as serious about flying as I ever was. I wish all those who are
working their way through the ratings game the very best....

Latest resources

Back