ALL ATP Flight School=JOKE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
scarlet said:
ATP has a phone interview with private pilots to come to their AIRLINE CAREER PILOt PROGRAM....

A guy doing the interview the other day, ask for definition of lift, my friend stated the definition, the interviewer told him it was incorrect, (Low pressure on top high on the bottom of wing) The ATP guy laughed at him on the phone.-- that is very unprofessional!!

I would recommend ATP to no - one!!!! They wanted him to pay 5,000.00 for a refresher course, and this friend just got his private last month and received a 86 on his written, so come on guys get a break....I will tell everyone not to receive training from you guys!!!!

Did you ever stop to think about 'your friend's' answer? The technical definition, if you really want to go there, is the net force developed perpendicular to the relative wind. Sure the pressure differential is part of that, but it's not the definition. You get one c0cky, know-it-all instructor who just got hired into the office at ATP, and you have one know-it-all private pilot answering stupid questions, and you dismiss the entire operation because of that? If you're going to dismiss the entire operation, why not bring up the fact that you gotta pay $40,000 to get a $19,000 a year job. You might have better luck that route.

Just so you all know, not all instructors at ATP instruct just for the checkride. When I instructed there, I instructed my students to pass any examiner's checkride, whcih is necessary since sometimes the examiners got switched at the last minute. I'm sorry to anyone who had a negative experience with ATP, but it it not necessarily the case for everyone.

I thought their career pilot program was well worth the cost for the ratings and flight time. Of course that was years ago when it was offered for under 30k.

If you really want to rag on them, look at their website, www.allatps.com , and ask the guys on the phone how well their pilot placement is happening at CHQ/Pinnacle/Xjet these days.

Or ask about the twisted redneck soap-opera that is the relations of the top guys that run the place. I'll give you a hint, they are more inter-married and inbred than the attendance of the Bristol motor speedway when Nascar comes to town.

Cadillac said:
Or ask about the twisted redneck soap-opera that is the relations of the top guys that run the place. I'll give you a hint, they are more inter-married and inbred than the attendance of the Bristol motor speedway when Nascar comes to town.

What?

The top dawg, the Exec VP and the mad genius (and a wizened twentysomething) behind the scenes are, in fact, related. The other two top-most guys were his first two instructors. In-bred? OH! The exec. secretary was the VP's wife. I don't understand.

I never used their airline placement stuff, got interviews at every place I applied, but accepted one and took that job. I think there are at least two active airline pilots in the US that didn't use the placement service nor went to flight school there, but I could be wrong.

Went through in 02.

Well I did indeed attend ATP as well and instructed there!!!

And for the famous Chat guy that is a genius that you think so highly of--should know--but he is so out of touch---THIS guy is a private PILOT!!!!

I know you did not know everything about flying when you were a private pillot (unless you went to Riddle),,heck you didn't even know when you got your commercial--be honest!!! REad the AIM read the ASA private commerical books...

It is ok the guy was paying cash money and will pay somewhere else that will be alot more professional then ATP TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was there for a year and would not recommend the place to anyone else!!!

scarlet said:
I would recommend ATP to no - one!!!! They wanted him to pay 5,000.00 for a refresher course, and this friend just got his private last month and received a 86 on his written, so come on guys get a break....I will tell everyone not to receive training from you guys!!!!

THis may be true, but there sure seems to be a lot of 600 hour ATP graduates in the airlines. They get you done faster and cheaper and get you to an airline faster than any other school/academy i know of.

I think it has a lot to do with networking, multi time and their cross country multi flying is really good experience.

so who knows.... $.02

Count me in as a satisfied ATP customer. I did the career pilot course in '99 and thought it was money well-spent. Yes the program has increased considerably in price and is structured a little differently now, but with the same management in place I feel confident in saying it's still a good value for the money. When you consider the outrageously priced alternatives (pretty much every other big-name academy) and the unethical practices of some others (i.e., TAB Express and A.T.A.), you can't go wrong with ATP in my opinion.

scarlet said:
And for the famous Chat guy that is a genius that you think so highly of--should know--but he is so out of touch---THIS guy is a private PILOT!!!!

i was there for a year and would not recommend the place to anyone else!!!

Yeah, the guy's smarter than you, your thin-skinned private pilot "friend," me, and most guys at NASA.

Now I'm raising the BS flag-- if you already attended and instructed there why did you post that you'd recommend it to NO ONE because they were "unprofessional" to your buddy; shouldn't you already have an opinion either way based on the insider's take on things?

Get over it. Blee mee, your buddy's a Dixie cup- many more folks blowing up the phones to spend money there.

Latest resources

Back