ALL ATP Flight School=JOKE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

ATP has a phone interview with private pilots to come to their AIRLINE CAREER PILOt PROGRAM....

A guy doing the interview the other day, ask for definition of lift, my friend stated the definition, the interviewer told him it was incorrect, (Low pressure on top high on the bottom of wing) The ATP guy laughed at him on the phone.-- that is very unprofessional!!

I would recommend ATP to no - one!!!! They wanted him to pay 5,000.00 for a refresher course, and this friend just got his private last month and received a 86 on his written, so come on guys get a break....I will tell everyone not to receive training from you guys!!!!

I did my private multi through them. They teach you exactly what you need to know to pass the checkride with their examiner. I don't know how they do things with the career course or whatever it's called, but I wasn't impressed with the private multi course.

"Kutta-Jukowski condition" - holy blast from the past. MECH326, or otherwise known as Mechanical Engineering 326, Intro to Aerodynamics for Engineers. As simple as it sounds the "circulation" or pressure distribution portion of the theory as some math behind it that made my head melt that semester. Remember (i ) equals the square root of negative one stuff and complex non-linear algebra (w).

Its one thing to toss that stuff around but its another to really understand the math used to arrive at K-J, "Kutta" or K-Z as it should be referred to. I was in way over my "simple thinking" head concerning the math in that class. After much groveling and begging towards my professor I made it out of there with a C.

Last edited:
LearLove said:
"Kutta-Jukowski condition" - holy blast from the past. MECH326, or otherwise known as Mechanical Engineering 326, Intro to Aerodynamics for Engineers. As simple as it sounds the "circulation" or pressure distribution portion of the theory as some math behind it that made my head melt that semester. Remember (i ) equals the square root of negative one stuff and complex non-linear algebra (w).

Its one thing to toss that stuff around but its another to really understand the math used to arrive at K-J, "Kutta" or K-Z as it should be referred to.
My brain hurts.

In a cold, dark place in my memory I remember words like 'physical chemistry,' Hamiltonian, what a nabla represented, and Aleph-sub-nought.

Ouch. Hurt.

When you comin' home, LL?

PS: JSD most certainly knows the math. Dang, my brain hurts. Remember how trivially the field equation was thrown out there in QM?

Last edited:
scarlet said:
ATP has a phone interview with private pilots to come to their AIRLINE CAREER PILOt PROGRAM....

A guy doing the interview the other day, ask for definition of lift, my friend stated the definition, the interviewer told him it was incorrect, (Low pressure on top high on the bottom of wing) The ATP guy laughed at him on the phone.-- that is very unprofessional!!

I would recommend ATP to no - one!!!! They wanted him to pay 5,000.00 for a refresher course, and this friend just got his private last month and received a 86 on his written, so come on guys get a break....I will tell everyone not to receive training from you guys!!!!

dude why don't you post this in all the forums, I don't think the message is getting out

Good place to do written test

I wouldnt do flight training there, but if you need your ATP or FEX writtten done quick, you cant go wrong with all atps. study for a few hours from a bank of preselected questions then take your test..super easy and you dont have to study all the possible questions, they narrow it down like 50 percent. the best 250 bucks I ever spent not to have to study that boring a$$ ATP written book forever.

freighthumper said:
I wouldnt do flight training there, but if you need your ATP or FEX writtten done quick, you cant go wrong with all atps. study for a few hours from a bank of preselected questions then take your test..super easy and you dont have to study all the possible questions, they narrow it down like 50 percent. the best 250 bucks I ever spent not to have to study that boring a$$ ATP written book forever.
Yeah spent 250 to get the same results that a 20 dollar book can provide=lazy..............

Prices have gone up too much, unfortunately

scarlet said:

XJT has about 100+ (or mabye many more) of ATP's grads. ATP has hiked prices several times over the past year due to fuel costs, etc. However, you would be hard pressed where I live if you wanted to do your multi add-on at a local flightschool. Nobody can afford to keep multi-trainers beside ATP where I live. Luckily, I got my rating before the prices went up.

scarlet said:

It just dawned on me who the interviewer is if the interview took place on the phone.

He's a CHQ pilot.
He's a USNA grad, aeronautical engineering, honors.
PHENOMENAL stick.
Exceptionally cool guy- I can't imagine him being condescending, but I sure as shoot can hear him give is breathing-in chuckle at that definition of lift.

Trust me, if the dood was upset by that (by rights, it could be justified), he'd have a rough time at ATP. He certainly wouldn't make it as an instructor there, and why the heck else would you plunk that kinda coin down?

I spent 5 months in the office answering phones with the guy. One of the sharpest folks I've ever met, and I ain't as stoopid as my career choice portrays me- but he isn't an arsehole. Professional? Absolutely.

Latest resources

Back