• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All about the CRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
stop flying sooo fast...trying to make some money and save a little fuel aren't we?

Last edited:
stop flying sooo fast...trying to make some money and save a little fuel aren't we?

The RJ flies fast? I must have flown an older version then.. ;)

I'm a little confused on this. Do you add rudder or rudder and aileron?

Sometimes, especially when the airplane is floating a bit, I just throw a tiny bit of aileron in, it will touch down on one wheel, delay the ground lift dump by a second or so, and gently eases on apposed to especially when you are light and you barley touch both mains at the same time, which activates the GLD and slams the airplane on.

Sometimes, especially when the airplane is floating a bit, I just throw a tiny bit of aileron in, it will touch down on one wheel, delay the ground lift dump by a second or so, and gently eases on apposed to especially when you are light and you barley touch both mains at the same time, which activates the GLD and slams the airplane on.

Ok thanks makes sense. I was thinking you were adding rudder.

This isn't CRJ specific but, I have been flying with a bunch of new FO's and they were not told about the shoulder harness only release on top of the buckle. It is kinda funny watching them twist the release and reattach the lap and ball buster harnesses.

When transitioning from 250 to 290 in the climb with the autopilot in speed mode, just rool the VS wheel down and the mode will switch to pitch mode withput pushing any buttons. If you do it slowly it makes for a quick and smooth transition.

Yeah, I was never told about the shoulder strap release. After being on line for about 2 months some captain took pity on me (after laughing all the way up to the flight levels) and told me about the quick release.

The white circles around the static ports are used to identify RVSM critical areas. Any missing paints, dents, etc can lead to RVSM errors. I think the emergency exits are supposed to be bordered in white as well.

It's been awhile since I wrote the RVSM manual

ADHSC = Air Data Sensor Heater Controllers. turns the probes and sensor heat on regardless of probe selection. If probes are off, they get turned on one weight is off wheels.

New FO's who come in hot and we ride the flare half way down the runway...CA's just grab full speedbrake and it drops right down!

New FO's who come in hot and we ride the flare half way down the runway...CA's just grab full speedbrake and it drops right down!

I remember doing that a few times... not SOP, but it saved your a$$.

Latest resources

Back