All AA 757s gettin' the pimp look...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aa73

Geez... we announce a modest little profit and BANG!

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060719/sfw087.html?.v=65

American Airlines Orders 104 Aviation Partners Boeing 757-200 Blended Winglet(TM) Systems
Wednesday July 19, 3:30 pm ET World's Largest Fleet of 757-200's Will Become World's Largest Fleet of 757-200's With Blended Winglets
FARNBOROUGH, England, July 19 /PRNewswire/ -- After ordering 20 Aviation Partners Boeing 757-200 Blended Winglet Systems in September 2005 -- of which 8 are currently retrofitted and in service -- American Airlines has ordered an additional 104 shipsets.

All Blended Winglet installations will be accomplished by American Airlines employees in Tulsa where American Airlines is also installing the winglets on all of its B-737-800 aircraft.
"With fuel prices as high as they are today it is impossible to ignore the compelling value of Blended Winglet Technology," says Aviation Partners Boeing CEO John Reimers. "We were quite pleased, earlier this year, when American Airlines made the decision to retrofit its entire fleet of 737-800s with our Visible Technology. This recent order for 104 additional 757-200 shipsets is a further testament to the value and productivity of Blended Winglet Technology."
Depending upon fleet utilization and average sector length, American Airlines Blended Winglet Equipped 757's can save up to 200,000 gallons of fuel per aircraft per year.
"Blended Winglets extend the productivity and capability of the 757-200, providing up to a 5% extension in range or fuel savings over the entire economic life of the aircraft," says Aviation Partners Boeing Vice President of Sales Patrick LaMoria. "This enabling technology gives American additional flexibility while significantly lowering fuel burn."
The Tulsa, Oklahoma Maintenance & Engineering Base, where American is performing all retrofits of their 757-200 and 737-800 Blended Winglets, is also retrofitting Blended Winglets for several other operators. American Airlines has two additional major overhaul and maintenance bases located at Fort Worth, TX and in Kansas City, MO.
Aviation Partners Boeing has sold over 2000 Blended Winglet shipsets with over 1200 Boeing aircraft now in service with patented* Performance Enhancing Blended Winglet Systems.

Why not put them on the MD-80's too? Hell, you can save even more fuel by blending the landing lights right into the blended wingtip. That oughta shut some people up!

aa73 said:
Geez... we announce a modest little profit and BANG!

Good that you are getting them............you will notice a siginicant fuel difference between one that has them and one that doesn't. By the way, immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

What does it cost to purchase and install the winglets on a per-plane basis at the quantity that AA is going to do?

TheCheat said:
Why not put them on the MD-80's too? Hell, you can save even more fuel by blending the landing lights right into the blended wingtip. That oughta shut some people up!

Yeeeaaahhhh, Papi!

Ex737Driver said:
Good that you are getting them............you will notice a siginicant fuel difference between one that has them and one that doesn't. By the way, immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I guess we're taking the good things from CAL and imitating them... fine by me! While we're at it, I'd love a SWA contract!

I wonder if the 10 ex TWA 757s we are getting from AA will have winglets too?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Guitar Guy said:
What does it cost to purchase and install the winglets on a per-plane basis at the quantity that AA is going to do?

Not too sure, anyone else know?

General Lee said:
I wonder if the 10 ex TWA 757s we are getting from AA will have winglets too?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, I doubt it... the whole fleet won't be complete until Dec 2008, and I really can't see them spending money on the aircraft they will get rid of.

Enjoy those 757s, they are beautiful birds and pretty new.

Who invented the blended winglet ? CAL ?

Latest resources

Back