Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AKMD80GUY

Angle Lakes Bitch
I wonder how the stock buyback and other lip service to the board and investors are working out for ya Bill. As much as I once loved to work for Alaska, I sense the Eskimo will be no more. $900 mill in the bank and closing in on a new all time low stock price is not good.

After viewing the operation from the front seat for so long, I can say for sure that we are in deep deep trouble. The Just Do Your Job is having an effect but not the effect we think. On time is still only around 75% and yet we fall. Record setting profits and yet we fall. 7.1 CASM including fuel and yet we fall.

Unfortunatly for the pilot group, we can't say that we can help restore the operation if you just pay us. Pre Kasher Plus is not going to help. We could do everything in our power to help but the operation is in such disaray that we can only watch.

Bill, you not only F'd the pilots but you F'd everyone that worked or works for Alaska. Take you Golden Parachute and get out, we don't need you, we don't want you. You can take Saretsky, Johnson and all the other Horizon retreads with you because when we all end up based in ATL, IAH or DFW, they will not need you'r brand of Bul#$&@t.

Bill Ayer and his cadre of yes-men at Alaska and Horizon are impossibly arrogant to ever take your advice, but I'm glad you're offering it anyway. It sickens me to witness the fawning and groveling that goes on at the head of two once proud, now slightly pathetic airlines.

I'll find another job if this one tanks. I don't give a F about the eskimo one way or another anymore.

Here are the peaks from the last 6 weeks compared with the present:
ALK 27.89/21.63
CAL 37.79/27.60
AMR 27.89/20.26
DAL 21.05/16.63
UAUA 51.60/39.50
LCC 33.45/20.85

You could place the charts one on top of the other and they would pretty much trace the same pattern.

Its a struggle for me to keep a 100 % positive attitude going to work and Ive only been on board for less then 2 years. I can't imagine how bad it is for others that have been with ALaska before the pay cuts. I agree that ALK has a lot of work to do. I do have to ask myself, where is the "Alaska Spirit " the company portrays we have.

Maybe Delta would buy it if the stock continues to lag. Complementary route structure, similiar fleet type, Alaska could feed DAL's international routes out of LAX, not a merger of equals, etc. It could work.

I DH'd up to ANC for simulator training in September and was so disheartened with the state of my former co-workers at Alaska. I missed the last rally due to training, but will be in SEA for the next one. I wish I could revert to my former juvie and slightly criminal self, I have some great modifications in mind for a few choice cars in the lot at angle lake. I don't know how BA and his wonderbuddies look at themselves in the mirror, though they are fantastic representatives of the modern american dream... don't build a great company, instead, build yourself a palace. Best of luck to my former Bros and Sistah's at Alaska.

Latest resources

Back